Blood and Blue

I stood there standing my ground.
I had no weapon, and I had no plan.

It was time to improvise, and oh my stars, was I bad at improvising...

But being bad at things couldn't stop me now. I needed to work with what I actually knew how to do...

"HeheheehAHAHAH! Where are you going now, Wolfie?" Her lips formed the same poisoned and crackled smile that they had before...

My vision went blurry and then I saw Cheerilee, but it was blurry. I could only see her form, but I could see her crackled smile perfectly...
But it wasn't like before...
It had black acid pouring out...
It had gashes on her lips...
There was blood and poison.

...I could see no good in her anymore...
Wait... Was there ever good in her?
Was I too late in saving her?
Could I have ever saved her?

My eye sight went back to the way it was.... I then took a look at Cheerilee once more, and the black acid that was dripping from her mouth was gone, along with the blood and gashes.

But now I could see the burning passion in her eye... Now I could see her true intentions with out a sight of blurriness. My eye sight was crystal clear now... Both literally and metaphorically...

My eyes shifted from Cheerilee to the guard. The guard didn't have that same smile, nor that same intention. He was blinded from what the truth of what was happening. He was poisoned by Cheerilee...

Cheerilee poisoned him to do her bidding...

Did no one notice these poisonings in Ponyville, or were the ponies too caught up in their own beautiful lies to ignore the painful truth?

Their loved ones were being taken one by one from this poison, and nopony was doing anything about it.

Nopony except me.
A wolf.