46. You Tell Him you're waiting until marriage to have sex

ZAYN:  You and Zayn enjoy a rare moment alone by wrapping up in each other’s arms and getting close.  As one thing leads to another, you soon find yourselves heading down a path you just aren’t ready to head down.  You pull back a put, placing your palm to his chest to keep that distance between you.  “What is it?” he asks, looking at you puzzled.  “I think this is enough for now,” you state vaguely.  “Oh, uh, ok.  Yeah, if that’s what you want.”  He sits up a bit, further distancing himself a little.  “It’s just that…” you trail off, wringing your hands as you try to find the words.  “Well, I’m just not comfortable doing much more than that…  I’m waiting until I’m married to get fully intimate with someone,” you explain, looking away and fearing his reaction.  “Oh…that’s cool.  There’s no pressure.  If you aren’t ready for something then I won’t press you into it,” he assures warmly, reaching up to brush a strand of hair from your face.  You smile and cozy up next to him, snuggling into the crook of his arm; both of you ending up falling asleep before long.

LOUIS:  As usual, things become heated as you and Louis spend some private quality time together.  You can’t get enough of kissing each other and running your hands through each other’s hair.  Your favorite place to be is in his arms, feeling the warmth of his strong biceps around you.  But just like every other time, you find yourself pushing him away once it reaches a certain point.  Until now, he’s never questioned it, but this time is different.  “Am I doing something wrong?” he blurts.  “N- no…why do you ask that?” you wonder aloud.  “Because you always put an end to things and we stop what we’re doing…  If I’m doing something you don’t like, just tell me so I can fix it.”  “It’s not that at all!” you inform him.  “Then what is it?  Why do you push me away like that?” he persists.  “I just don’t want things to ever get much further than that…  If we let it get too far, there may be no stopping, and I just don’t want that to happen.”  He cocks an eyebrow at you, prompting you to go on.  “I don’t want to have sex until I’m married,” you spell out for him.  “Ahh…ok.  Why didn’t you just tell me that in the first place…like when we started dating?” he asks, a smile cracking his face.  “I dunno…you’re ok with this though?” you ask, biting at your thumb nail.  “Of course!  Come here, you.”  With that, he pulls you into another warm embrace, settling back onto the bed for a cuddle.

HARRY:  After explaining for the last couple of months that you “just aren’t ready” for a sexual relationship, you feel like it’s time to come completely clean with him.  He’s sitting in your living room, watching TV as you whip up a quick pan of brownies for the two of you to snack on.  After popping them into the oven, you join him on the couch.  The look you give him tells him immediately that something’s on your mind.  “What’s up, babe?” he questions, adjusting himself on the sofa to better face you.  “I kinda wanna talk to you about something,” you start.  “Ok…what’s on your mind?”  “I know I keep saying that I’m not ready to have a sexual relationship with you, but there’s more to it than just that.”  “Like?” he prompts you to go on.  “I’m, uh…  I’m not gonna be ready for that kind of relationship until I’m married,” you inform him sheepishly.  ”That’s perfectly alright,” he says casually.  You’re a bit taken aback by this, not having expected him to take it so well.  “There’s nothing wrong with wanting to wait for something as important as that,” he adds.  “That doesn’t bother you?”  “Of course not!  You of all people shouldn’t give into my reputation like that,” he says with a smirk.  You smile too, saying, “Thanks.  You’re the best.”  “Don’t you ever forget it,” he jokes smugly, pulling you in close.

LIAM:  On your second date with Liam, you find yourselves in a comfortable lull in conversation as you stroll through the park.  You take a breath and state, “Just so you know, I’m waiting until I’m married before I have sex, so if that’s gonna be an issue for you then we should just end things now.”  Liam stops walking and looks at you blankly for a moment, digesting what you’d just said.  “Why would that be a problem?” he finally questions.  You shrug.  “I dunno, it’s a dealbreaker for a lot of guys, so before we got too deep into anything I just wanted to put that out there.”  He smiles at you before saying, “Then I guess you have a lot to learn about me.  That sort of thing doesn’t bother me at all.  There is so much more to a relationship than sex, and that’s the kind of stuff I want with you,” he assures honestly.  You smile, grateful that he’s so understanding.  “Wanna get some ice cream?” he asks, pointing to an ice cream stand nearby.  You giggle lightly, glad he’s not making a big deal out of it and carrying on as normal.

NIALL:  “Niall, if you had to give up sex or food for the rest of your life, which one would you give up?” you ask out of the blue one afternoon while you’re hanging out, playing video games, and shooting the breeze.  “Sex, no doubt,” he replies without hesitation.  You laugh lightly at his confident response.  “Nothing will ever get between you and food, huh?”  “Nothing.”  “Well, I’m actually kind glad you said that…because it’s gonna be a loooong time before you and I have sex.  If we ever have sex…”  “What do you mean?” he asks, finally giving you his full attention and pausing the game.  “I wanna wait until I’m married before I have sex,” you explain.  “That’s cool,” he chirps turning back to the game.  “Yeah?”  “Yeah, I wouldn’t wanna rush something like that anyways, and if you have no intent on letting things even get that far then it kinda takes the pressure off, you know?”  “That’s true.  I hadn’t even realized that.”  “See, I know what I’m talking about sometimes,” he jokes.  And with that, you both delve back into your intense soccer game taking place on the screen in front of you.