40. He Finds Out You Have A Crush on him

LOUIS: You’d invited the boys and some of your other friends over for a barbecue pool party. Try as you might, you hadn’t been able to tear your eyes away from Louis’ bare torso. One of your friends had noticed your oogling, and when you go into the house for a moment to refill the iced tea pitcher, she follows you in and asks you about it. “Don’t even try to deny it. I’ve seen the way you’ve been staring at him all day long.” You blush and turn away. “Fine, yes. I like him. I have had a huge crush on Louis since the first time I met him,” you admit. “I knew it!” your friend says smugly. You both turn to head back outside, only to be faced with Louis standing in the doorway. Your friend sneaks out as you groan, “Oh my God…” “So you like me, huh?” “Oh my God…” you repeat. “It’s ok, it’s ok. I, uh, I like you too,” he tells you simply, taking the pitcher from your hands and bringing it outside. You can’t help but notice Louis stealing glances of you as the rest of the day carries on.

ZAYN: “Truth or Dare?” Louis asks you as you join their group, sitting around in Niall’s basement. “I hate this game,” you grumble. “You joined the circle, now you have to play,” Harry insists. “Fine. Truth,” you choose, figuring that would be the safer option. “Who are you crushing on?” Louis asks with a smirk and a raised eyebrow. “No one,” you answer, but not before you glance briefly at Zayn. “What was that look for?” Liam calls you out. “She’s lying! She’s crushing on Zayn!” Niall accuses. “Am not!” you lie, throwing a pillow at him. The blush that creeps into your cheeks gives you away. You notice Zayn blushing too and you get up to go outside for a bit. Zayn joins you a moment later. “You don’t have to be embarrassed,” he starts, but you turn your back to him. “Can you please just leave me alone for a minute?” you plea. Zayn ignores your request and takes the two steps forward until he’s standing next to you. “Would it make you feel any better if I told you I like you too?” You look up at him, disbelieving. “You do?” He nods and keeps his gaze fixed on the starry night sky. You follow suit and do the same. He playfully nudges you with his hip, causing you to smile and return the gesture.

HARRY: “Have you ever noticed how completely sexy Harry is?” you ask your friend. “Well, if you must know, I find them all to be completely sexy and I wish I could spend as much time with them as you do,” she mentions goodnaturedly. You sigh dreamily. “But…Harry. Don’t you just want to run your fingers through his curls and place little kisses to his dimples?” you gush. Your friend laughs. “Earth to [Y/N]. Come in [Y/N],” she jokes. “Sounds like somebody has a major crush on one Sir Harry Styles.” “I do! I can’t help it! He’s just so…wonderful!” you finish. Suddenly you hear muffled talking. Panicked, you search around for your phone. Sure enough, you’d managed to sit on it and dial Harry – the first person on your recent calls list. You put the phone up to your ear, but remain silent. “Told you she likes you too! Hang up the phone, call her back, and ask her out to dinner. Now,” you hear Louis say. You quickly hang up the phone before squealing and leaping off the couch to happy dance with your friend.

NIALL: “Another round?” Niall asks, offering you another beer. You graciously accept, despite knowing you probably should call it quits for the night. After downing that beer in a matter of a few minutes, it goes straight to your head and you’re soon babbling on in your drunken state. Niall is highly amused by your behavior, having never seen you drunk before. After a twenty minute conversation about the Hot Pocket you ate for lunch, you go to get up and join your friends on the dance floor. You stumble a bit, so Niall grabs your arm to steady you. You lean into his side and let him hold on to you for a moment before you say, “You know, I have had the biggest crush on you for, like, ever.” He chuckles, not thinking much of it because you’re drunk and probably don’t know what you’re saying. “Oh yeah? Is that so?” he plays along. “No, really, I have. I just haven’t had the guts to say anything because I didn’t think you like me back. But right now I’m drunk!” you announce sloppily. “I hadn’t noticed,” he teases. “But for the record, I do like you back. Maybe tomorrow we can go out for coffee to help cure that hangover you’ll have.” “It’s a date!” you confirm happily.

LIAM: You’d been out with your friends but things had taken a turn for the worse and you’d wanted to leave. None of your friends feel like leaving, and since you’d hitched a ride with one of them, you find yourself stuck trying to find someone to pick you up at 1:30 in the morning. After three unanswered calls to other friends, you finally try Liam. He answers, still half-asleep, but perks right up when he hears you need his help. He picks you up and drives you home, most of the ride consisting of you explaining what had happened that caused you to want to leave. When the car stops in your driveway, you pause for a moment. “Thanks. I really appreciate this, and I’m sorry I woke you up in the middle of the night.” He pats your hand comfortingly. “Not a problem at all, it’s what I’m here for.” He flashes you a genuine smile, and the next thing you know, you’re leaning across the console, and he’s leaning towards you until your lips connect and all your feelings for each other pour out in that one kiss.