45. He Asks You To Be His Girlfriend

ZAYN: He’d treated you to a fancy dinner and you’d spent the evening walking around a local park as the sun begins to set. He stops at a bench near a small pond and takes a seat. You settle in next to him, snuggling into his side as he drapes his arm across your shoulders. “So, I’ve been thinking…we’ve been seeing each other for a little while now and things seem to be going in the right direction. What do you say we make things official?” “You turn slightly to face him. “Make things official? Really?” you ask excitedly. You’d been waiting for him to ask you to be his girlfriend for a couple weeks now, and can hardly believe your ears now that the words are actually coming out of his mouth. “Yes, really,” he says with a smirk. “Of course I’ll be your girlfriend. It took you long enough to ask!” you tease. He laughs lightly and kisses your forehead tenderly before pressing his cheek to the top of your head so you’ll tuck your head in the crook of his neck.

HARRY: He’d surprised you with a picnic in the park at dusk. You sigh contendedly, enjoying the quiet, romantic evening, as you lay side-by-side on the blanket, staring up at the starlit night sky. Harry reaches over and takes your hand in his, mindlessly tracing shapes on the back of it with his thumb. Neither of you says anything; you simply lay and enjoy each other’s company. After a little while, Harry rolls over and positions himself so that he’s laying with his hips just next to yours and his chest draped over yours, using his arm to prop himself up. He’s facing you and his lips are close. “Be my girlfriend,” he requests in a low tone, reaching his free hand up to stroke your hair. “Well, if you insist,” you joke through a smile and close the space between you to give him a kiss.

LIAM: You’re busying yourself with cooking in Liam’s kitchen. You’d thought it would be a nice gesture to make him some of your famous chicken and pasta since he doesn’t usually have a home cooked meal. “Nah, I don’t think I’m gonna go out with you lads tonight. We’re just gonna stay in tonight and take it easy,” you hear Liam say into the phone. “Yeah, my girlfriend’s here and she’s making us dinner, so I think after that we’ll just relax and watch a movie or something.” You hadn’t meant to listen in to his conversation, but hearing the word “girlfriend” caught your attention. When he gets off the phone and rejoins you in the kitchen, you can’t help yourself and ask, “Did I hear you correctly in there? Your girlfriend?” He looks at you like you’re crazy. “Are you not my girlfriend? We’ve been seeing each other for a while now and we’re exclusive, so I just figured we were together.” “Well you never asked, so I just didn’t think we were.” “In that case, [Y/N], will you be my girlfriend?” You pretend to ponder it for a moment before saying, “Well, I don’t see why not…” You smile and kiss his lips just before he snatches you up in his arms and tickles you mercilessly.

LOUIS: You open your front door and enter your house to find an envelope laying on the floor in the doorway. Your name is written across the front in what you recognize to be Louis’ handwriting. You pick it up and open it to find a card. The print on the card is just a generic “just because” message to a “special someone.” It’s not until you read his personalized message that you realize this is more than just a sweet gesture. His note is signed: “your boyfriend (I hope).” Smiling gleefully to yourself, you go into the living room to find Louis standing there waiting for you. “Before you freak out, no, I did not break in. Your sister let me borrow her key.” You giggle. “I actually wasn’t thinking that at all.” “Did you get my card?” he asks. “I did, in fact,” you tell him, holding it up. “So what do you say? Will you be my girlfriend and make me the happiest, proudest boyfriend in the world?” “You don’t have to lay it on quite so thick, but yes, I will,” you tell him through a huge, happy smile. He smiles too and wraps you in a big, ecstatic hug.

NIALL: “If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go,” Niall begins singing as he jumps into the bed to wake you up. “Who the hell let you in?” you grumble sleepily. “Your roommate,” he says smugly, continuing to bounce your mattress and repeat the lyrics. “You and Justin Bieber…get out of my room,” you order, throwing a pillow at him. He catches it and collapses down on top of you. “If I was your boyfriend, I’d never let you go!” he shouts, grabbing you in his arms. Finally regaining more of your consciousness, you look at him, a bit confused. “Are you trying to say what I think you’re trying to say?” you question. “Well, I’m trying to ask you to be my girlfiend, but you’re not taking the hint,” he tells you bluntly. You laugh and ruffle his hair. “Of course I’ll be your girlfriend, you nut,” you reply affectionately. “Good, because I wasn’t gonna stop singing until you said yes.” And with that, he leans in to give you a kiss before continuing to shake and bounce your bed until you finally get up and head for the shower.