3. The First Time He Tells You He Love You

LOUIS:  You’re sitting on the couch watching TV, minding your own business, when without warning Louis flips over the back of the couch, coming to a crash landing.  He quickly bounces up and attacks you in a bear hug.  You scream playfully.  “What are you doing??” you ask through your laughter.  He throws you over his shoulder, stands up, and “slams” you back down on the couch.  Moving quickly, he jumps onto the couch with you, straddling your hips to pin you down.  You try to grab ahold of his wrists, but he’s too fast for you and begins tickling you.  You laugh until you can’t breath and can’t take the tickling anymore.  “Stop!  Stop!  Stop!” you plead.  “NEVER!” Louis shouts, continuing to tickle you in all the places he knows you’re most sensitive.  “Louis, I can’t - you have to stop!” you beg, the smile never leaving your face and the ring of laughter never leaving your voice.  You manage to wiggle free just enough to get him to finally stop.  “Why do you hate me so much?” you ask good-naturedly, trying to catch your breath after such torture.  “Aww, baby, you know that’s not true.  I love you too much to hate you,” he says casually.  You both pause, looking like deer caught in the headlights.  You can’t quite believe your ears and he’s unsure of how you’ll react to his words.  “Do you mean it?” you can barely bring yourself to whisper.  “I wouldn’t have said it if I didn’t.”  “Yeah, but it just kinda slipped out so I-“  He abruptly cuts you off with a kiss.  Pulling back, he stares deeply into your eyes, “I love you, [Y/N].”  “Oh, Louis,” you breathe, “I love you too.”

NIALL:  Promptly upon returning home from spending some time with your friends, Niall greets you at the door and informs you he has something to tell you.  Everything about his tone and behavior are telling you that this is urgent, so you don’t hesitate to oblige and follow him into the living room where he sits you down on the couch.  “I, uh, well, I,” he sputters out.  You reach over and take hold of one of his hands resting in his lap.  “What’s going on?  You know you can tell me anything,” you say soothingly.  “Right, well, you see, the thing is,” he continues to stammer.  He grabs hold of a glass of water that you’re pretty sure has been sitting on the coffee table for the last three days, and gulps it down.  “Just spit it out, Niall.  Whatever it is will only be worse if you don’t tell me,” you try to coax.  He nods at you from behind the glass he’s still guzzling out of.  In one swift motion he pulls the glass away from his face just long enough to force out, “I love you!”  You’re awestruck for a moment, giving Niall just enough time to start blushing profusely.  “That’s what all this was about?” you finally speak.  “Ohh, Niall, I love you too!”  Heaving a sigh of relief, Niall takes you in his arms, laying a kiss atop your head.

ZAYN:  You wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of your phone going off.  Glancing at your clock, you notice it’s 3:58am.  You silently curse whoever is calling you at this hour as you pick up your phone.  Four missed calls.  All from Zayn.  He’s away on tour with the guys, but they are currently still in your timezone, so whatever this is must be important for him to be calling you at four in the morning.  You hit redial and wait for him to pick up.  “[Y/N]?” he asks in disbelief.  “What’s going on, Zayn?” you ask groggily.  “I couldn’t sleep.  I have something on my mind,” he explains.  “You do realize that it’s 4am for me, too, right?”  “I know, I’m sorry, but this just couldn’t wait any longer.”  “What’s on your mind, babe?”  “I love you,” he says simply.  You remain silently stunned.  “[Y/N]?” he asks after a moment.  “Yeah?”  “I mean it.  I love you.”  “I love you too.”  You hear him let out a nervous breath he had been holding in.  “Now go to sleep, crazy boy!” you joke and you both adlib your goodnights and hang up.

LIAM:  You wake up one morning and head to the kitchen for a glass of orange juice and some toast.  Liam is usually up before you and already eating his breakfast by the time you get to the kitchen, but this morning is different.  Liam is nowhere to be found.  You see a piece of paper sitting on the counter and pick it up.  “Baby, I’ve left eight more of these throughout the house.  You have to find them all and then unscramble the message.  Good luck.”  You find one taped to the toaster with the letter E on it, and another is taped to the bathroom mirror with the letter Y on it.  It doesn’t take you long to fnd all eight and begin unscrambling them.  After a few seconds you figure out the message to be “I love you.”  You gasp and suddenly Liam appears in the doorway, leaning against the doorjamb.  “Really?” you ask, silently praying you hadn’t made some horrible mistake in unscrambling the letters.  “Really.  I love you, [Y/N],” he says, approaching you.  He takes you in his arms and leans his forehead on yours.  “I love you so much,” he whispers.  “I love you too,” you reply with a smile.

HARRY:  “Just admit it, you totally love her!”  Louis says to Harry as the two of them sit on the back deck one night.  “Shut up.  She might hear you.”  “So it’s true!”  Harry responds by hooking his arm around Louis’ neck, trapping him in a headlock, and attempting to yank him out of the chair.  You step out on the porch, carrying the bug spray you had gone into the house to get, and pause a moment, watching the two boys.  “Admit it!” Louis chokes out under the pressure of Harry’s arm around his neck.  “No!”  “Admit it!” Louis repeats.  “Fine!” Harry says, releasing Louis with a bit of a shove.  “I love [Y/N].  There, you happy now?”  “You do?” you hear yourself saying before you could stop the words from coming out of your mouth.  Harry and Louis turn around to look at you.  A look of surprise soon gives way to one of sincerity as Harry rises to his feet and makes his way over to you.  “Yeah, I do.  I love you, [Y/N],”  Harry says coming to a stop in front of you.  You place a hand on his cheek.  “I love you too, Harry.”  Harry smiles, flashing you his dimples, and slowly begins to lean in.  Just before your lips meet, he jerks his head back and looks to Louis.  “Uh, Lou?  We’re trying to have a moment here.  Do you mind?”  “Right, right. Off I go,” Louis says getting up to make a slow lap around the yard.  Once left alone, Harry turns his attention back to you.  “Now where were we?” he asks before taking your lips in his own.