[158]

Yn Emma Lestrange POV

Tom and I stay at home with the children. Mattheo went to buy food for the house. Did he get lost or something? He is later. Usually he is coming back faster. Anyway. It's probably nothing. Tom and I put Bella, Christian, Amara and Katerina to sleep. Axel runs downstairs and gets into the kitchen. He stops when he sees Tom.

"Shouldn't you be asleep?" Tom says.

"I'm sorry, uncle" I softly smile. Axel comes to me and hugs me. I kiss him forehead for goodnight. "Goodnight, mom. Goodnight, uncle".

"Goodnight, Axel" I say.

"Goodnight, buddy" Tom says.

Axel runs upstairs. Finally. Time to rest a bit. Suddenly the door opens. Mattheo walks inside with a girl. A woman. She looks to be to our age. She looks familiar. When she sees me, we lock eyes with each other. She is really familiar but I can't remember where I know her. Then it hit. She's the woman that I met 8 months ago at the market. The woman with the bruises and the dry blood. We keep eye contact till Mattheo talks.

"Could we talk?" I look at him and after at the girl. I don't trust her. "Yn?" I simply nod. We all get out of the kitchen but we can still see her. I keep my stare at her. She keeps her stare at me as well. "She's Mariah Delacour. She has problems".

"She definitely does" I say. The boys turn and look at me confused. I keep my stare at her.

"What do you mean?" I can't say that. They will be angry with me. Maybe they won't.

"I met her 8 months ago".

"Yeah. She escaped from her abusive boyfriend" I look at Mattheo confused.

"She?".

"Yes. She was in a relationship with Chris Rosier" Tom and I look at each other. "She needs help. She is pregnant and needs protection".

"Wait what? You want her to stay here?".

"I mean ... We have so many empty rooms".

"She had bruises and dry blood all over her fucking body, Theo".

"Excuse me?" Tom talks for first time. "Why didn't I know about that?" I look at him without talking. "Yn. Why didn't you tell me that you met her 8 months ago like you said and that she had bruises and dry blood all over her body? Huh? Why?".

"I'm sorry".

"We could have saved her earlier" Mattheo says.

"Save her from what?".

"From Chris Rosier. He was in prison but he got out yesterday. We came face to face and fought. He is dead".

"You haven't killed anyone before" Tom says.

"Yeah. Thank you for reminder" Mattheo looks at me angrily. "You should tell us about that. We could have saved her months ago".

"Okay. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-"

"Save it" Tom says. I lower my stare a bit. "She will stay here" Mattheo nods and they both look at me. They walked back to the kitchen but I didn't follow them. I just stand there and listen to their conversation.

"Well, I'll go you to your room. Okay?" Mariah looks at me. I ignore her and walk upstairs.

I ran to my room. The one that I'm not sharing with Tom. I lock the door and just sit in there without doing anything. Just thinking if I should actually tell them that I had met her or not. I don't know.