[26]

I walk at the Hufflepuff house. No one is awake. I walk at the prefect's dorm and knock at the door. Cedric open it.

"What are you doing here? You are not a Hufflepuff".

"I know. Tom Riddle is not at the moment at the school. Professor Snape told me that you and I will have the night shift for tonight".

"Why?".

"Because Tom is not here".

"Fine. I'll be there in a bit".

"Ok" I turn to leave.

"Where do you think you are going?".

"What?" I turn around and stare at him.

"Stay to my dorm. If any Hufflepuff student sees you they are gonna hurt you to death. Come in here and wait for me to change".

"Fine".

I get in his dorm and he closes the door behind me. He takes his Hufflepuff robe and goes at the bathroom to change. Minutes later he is out. He takes his wand and we walk outside. A few Hufflepuff students see us and start whispering a few things. Cedric stops and looks at them.

"Why are y'all out that late?" he stares at the students. They all run in their dorms.

"They are scared of you" we start walking again.

"Only when I'm at the shift. No one is scared of anyone at the Hufflepuff house".

"Lucky" I mutter under my breath.

"What? I didn't hear you".

"Nothing".

"As you wish".

We continue our shift. We didn't split which I liked more than being alone at the halls. It was awkward at the beginning but after we start talking about random stuff and it was amazing. He is a really good guy. I never thought that he would. I had a wrong pic of him in my mind.

"Also I'm sorry about what I said at Dumbledore's office. I know that you wouldn't do that".

"Actually I wanted to apologize about it. I did that but I hided it. I want to say sorry about it".

"You killed Lucius?".

"Yeah but please don't say anything around the school. They already hate me".

"I think you hear only what the Slytherin common room is saying about you".

"What do you mean?".

"Well at Hufflepuff, they all thank you. So does at the Ravenclaw house. Ok. The Gryffindor just says a thank you. Y'all have a lot of fights".

"Yeah".

"Like I hear around, the Hufflepuff and the Ravenclaw houses are really thanked that you won that battle" I look at him. "You did not only save a few students and a few professors. You saved the whole Hogwarts. Even if you didn't have to, you did that".

"But I hurted so many other people. I killed a lot of them".

"You saved even more".

"That doesn't change anything. I should be at the Azkaban".

"Yeah. Sure. After whatever happened you shouldn't be on Azkaban. You should be headmaster here. Yn look. You killed a student and a death eater. I understand that you may feeling a bit awful about it. I completely understand that. But on the other hand you saved so many students and so many professors. You saved the Muggles. If Voldemort had win our world and the Muggles world would have been destroyed by now. You saved million of people".

"Well ... I hadn't think it of that way".

"You should".

"Thank you, Cedric. I really appreciate it".