[134]

Axel Riddle POV

I run at Billy's room and knock on his door. He doesn't answer at first so I knock again.

"Who is it?".

"It's me".

"Alohomora" I walk inside and look around his room. He has books everywhere at his room. At every corner.

"Everything's good here?" I say confused.

"Yes. I need from you something".

"Tell me, pup".

"Go and ask mom or dad if any of them can come and help me with something".

"Ok".

I get out and run downstairs. I search the whole house for anyone till I enter at the kitchen. I see mom drinking water.

"Mom" she looks at me.

"Axel? What happened?".

"Billy wants your help for something".

"Ok. Thanks that you told me".

"Of course, mom".

Yn Emma Lestrange POV

What happened with Billy? I walk upstairs and straight to his room. With the first knock he lets me in. As I get in, I see books everywhere to his room.

"Billy?".

"You said you were the best student?".

"Yeah but ... Aren't you a prefect either?".

"By cheating".

"Excuse me?".

"I need your help. I have to learn all the Defense Against the Dark Arts spells".

"Alright. Calm down" I sit down next to him. "Let's start. I say and you write. You will learn better like that".

"Ok".

"The spell that defeats a Boggart can be tricky, because it involves making the creature into a figure of fun, so that fear can be dispelled in amusement. If the caster is able to laugh aloud at the Boggart, it will disappear at once. The incantation is ‘Riddikulus’, and the intention is to force the Boggart to assume a less-threatening and hopefully comical form" I look at him as he wrote everything. "The Boggart-Banishing Spell (Riddikulus) was a charm that was used to defeat a Boggart. It caused the creature to assume a form that was humorous to the caster, along with a whip-crack noise, thereby taking away the Boggart's ability to terrorise. Boggarts were defeated by laughter, so forcing them to assume an amusing form was the first step to defeating them. However, because Boggarts were amortal, this spell does not truly destroy them, similar to the Patronus Charm, but merely "banish" them — meaning the defeated Boggart will vanish, and presumably re-materialise elsewhere" I stare at him. "The charm that repels a boggart is simple, yet it requires force of mind. You see, the thing that really finishes a boggart is laughter. What you need to do is force it to assume a shape that you find amusing. We will practice the charm without wands first. After me, please ... riddikulus!".

"Mhm".

"A simple charm that required the force of mind, to cast, the spell caster must first acknowledge what they fear the most (as it will most likely be what the Boggart will take the form of) and then visualise it into something amusing. The problem was because the Boggart would have assumed said form at the moment of direct encounter, the one attempting to use this charm would have lost concentration after seeing the Boggart manifest their worst fears, making this spell useless. As such, it was always advisable to first take one step at a time when practising this spell" I stop.