[15]

Tom and I start walking around the castle. The night shift. It's gonna be a long night. I keep staring in front not daring to face Tom. After all, to face an angry Tom is the worst that can happen to someone and I know for sure that I don't wanna come across him. He is definitely angry even if he doesn't show it.

"May you let me explain?" he says out of nowhere. I simply nodded. "Stop being scared. I didn't fucking kill you".

"Sorry" he softly sighs and stops me, turns me from his way and lifts my face so I can stare straight to his eyes. Those eyes can hypnotize you.

"I don't find a reason to explain myself but I can't take off of my mind your reaction. I-"

"Don't explain it. It's ok. It's nothing".

"You are not 'no one', Yn. You mean a lot to me. That's not the point. The point is that even if I told you minutes ago that you are something to me, you still believed what I said afterwards".

"Something to you" I whisper so low that he didn't even hear me. Something to him. He called me his girlfriend and now I'm just something.

"What?".

"It didn't affect me that much. Don't worry".

"I can see through your lies".

"Then just ignore them".

"Well I can't".

"Then that's not my problem".

"If I was fucking saying that you are ... Something to me, Mattheo, would have definitely say something to my father and after all 3 of us will be dead" I just stare at him. "As much as you mean to me, that much I can't say anything to anyone".

"He's your brother".

"And you're my girlfriend" ok. Yes. Now I shut my mouth and just stare at him. "Of course my brother is more important than you and that can't change. He is the most important person to my life but also I know for sure that if he by mistake say anything to my father, then all of us will be dead".

"Sorry".

"It's not your fault. It's just-"

"Mattheo?".

"What? No. It's not Mattheo the problem".

"No. Mattheo is behind you".

Tom turns around and we came face to face with Mattheo. He was a bloody mess. His nose was bleeding and he was slightly cut at his cheek. Tom runs near him and I walk slowly near him as well.

"Mattheo?".

"It's nothing. I just ... Need a little help I guess".

"Sure. Yn can you ... Take the shift? I have to take care of him".

"Of course. Go".

"Thanks. We ... We will talk later again. Ok?".

"Go. He needs you more than me".

He stares at me and softly nods. They both walk away. Straight into mine and Tom's dorm. I continue my shift, thinking about everything. If I would kill Myrtle tonight? Just then I heard a sound coming from down the hall. That's not a professor. That's a student. I know that. I walk quickly down the hall and follow the sound. I end up at the toilets. I enter and see Myrtle alone standing there staring at me.

"Oh. Umm ... Yln?".

"You must be Myrtle. Right?".

"Y-Yes".

"Scared?".

"I mean ... You could possibly take points from my house".

"True but you have other subjects to care about at the moment".