[74]

Tom Marvolo Riddle POV

I run through the passages, the parks, the close stores. Mattheo is nowhere to be seen.

"Where are you?" then it hit me. Back at Hogwarts he was going at the Astronomy Tower. So now he could possible being somewhere high. "The forest" with a fast move of my wand I transfer at the forest. "Lumos" it's way too dark out here. "Where are you, Mattheo" I whisper to no one specifically.

I walk more in the forest. It's getting darker. Where is he anyway? Astronomy Tower. Edge. View. Forest. Cliff. View. He is at the cliff. I turn around and walk quickly at the cliff. Seconds later I arrive. I see him sitting at the edge, staring at the view.

"Knox" I pull my wand on my pocket. I heard his shaky breath, which upset me. I walk near him.

"Leave".

"Mattheo, I-"

"No. Not now. Congrats. You found me. Now leave. I don't want to hurt you because of my anger".

"You won't. You know that you won't hurt".

"JUST FUCKING GO" his voice shaky. It broke (Mattheo's voice). He sighs and runs a hand through his hair. "I didn't mean it".

"I know".

"You're nothing like him" I go and sit next to him.

"What I'm hiding is that I knew a few things about all of us before it happens" he turns and looks at me. His eyes red and puffy.

"What things?".

"About Voldemort, about Marcus, about the friendship between Pansy and Yn, about Granger" he stares at me confused.

"What?".

"I knew from the beginning Voldemort's plan. That Marcus wasn't Yn's real father but I hadn't proof, I knew somehow that Merula destroyed the friendship between Pansy and Yn and I know that Hermione wanted to help Yn and not Potter" he looks back in front confused.

"Why didn't you say anything earlier?" I shake my head. "You ... You lied for all these? Why?".

"I admit it. At first, I was exactly like Voldemort. I wanted power. I fought for the power. Even if you couldn't see that. You didn't want to see that. You didn't want to admit it".

"You were nothing like him".

"I was. You know that I was. I wanted to end the world. I wanted power. To kill all the Muggles around the whole world".

"What changed?" he says in a really low voice.

"I destroyed Yn's life. I understood that it's not always about power. Power will get lost someday but ... " I take a deep shaky voice. He turns and looks at me. "Sorry. I ... I hate talking about it".

"But?" I look at him.

"But when I saw how she became, how Yn became after she became a Death Eater, ... I don't know. Something ... Changed on me? I mean ... Fuck" I pull a few tears that roll on my cheeks. "Sorry. Uhh ... I mean that Yn was happier at the end of the 5th year and after from the beginning of the 6th year everything changed. I destroyed her life by informing Voldemort that she overheard our conversation and after found out that Snape is a Death Eater as well. I took her happiness away and gave her sadness. Anger. A reason to don't trust me never again to her life" I look back in front and pull the leftover tears away.

"All these ... Why?".

"For power".

"What?".

"I told you. I was the exactly same with Voldemort. I still am. I'm trying to change but ... I can't fighting anymore" he stares at me but I don't do any movement to turn and look at him either. "I just can't. I'm tired of fighting. I'm exhausted".

"You knew from the beginning that our life is not gonna be easy".

"I hoped".

"In what?".

"Freedom" he stares at me confused. I turn and look at him. I gave him a weak smile but it fades away quicker than it appears. "A friendship or ... Anything close to that. I guess that when you were saying it's not always what you see but what you don't see, I should listen to you" we softly chuckle.

"Yeah".

"We had promised to ... Never become like our father but ... I guess I broke that promise a while ago" he shakes his head. "You know it's true" I turn and look in front.

"You're nothing like Voldemort. You wanted power so you can feel something. Anything. So you can feel loved. You thought that you would earn something like that but-"

"It didn't work out".

"Yes".

"I tried" we look each other. "I promise you, I tried not to become like him".

"I know".

"But it's just ... That I got tired of fighting it. I couldn't ... Even look you in the eyes when I understood how much pain I was giving to everybody around me. I tried to change but it's just didn't work. Not to me".

"It did work" he looks in front but I look at him.

"What?".

"It did work" I look back in front. "Believe it or not, you don't always understand when someone is casting spells on you" I turn and look at him confused. He turns and looks at me either. "I put Snape to cast a spell on you at the 6th year when I found out what you wanted to do".

"How did you-"

"I read your diary" I just stare at him. "I know that I shouldn't but you were always ignoring me and wanted to kill people around there. I wanted to help you. I didn't mean to hide things or something".

"You are definitely not my brother. You are way too good for that family" he softly chuckles. I smile at him. We both look in front again. "I mean it. You are nothing like me or ... Or Voldemort or Merope".

"Don't say that".

"You are definitely nicer".

"Or I'm a good actor".

"What?".

"We have that similaty, Tom. We are both amazing actors. We know how to hide our feelings fast and absolutely great. Don't try to change my mind on this one".

"You're right at this one".

"We are nothing like that. They shouldn't being parents anyway. The only that they knew about was revenge. We grew up with a Death Eater. Bellatrix saved us from everything. Even our father. We learned from her how to being nice. We became like that because of Bellatrix".

"I know".

"We gotta find a way to calm our nerves. Yn doesn't have to worry and about us. She has the babies. She doesn't need 2 more babies in the house".

"True".

"So. Let's calm and then we go back".

"Yeah".