Chapter 66: Vice-Admiral & Commander Inbound

While Diddy walked around with Trenza attached to his back as he searched for a decent bar to dine at, two of the most important people on Centaurea had just gotten word of Diddy's presence, and their reactions were quite different.
___
___

A decent distance away from the battlefield, a large campsite of small tents were strewn about as many people, mainly soldiers, were living at said campsite; they were either sleeping, eating, drinking, conversing with friends, or tending to the wounded. At the center of the large campsite was a much larger blue tent, and that is where the important discussions took place; it was also the living quarters of Commander Lindbergh.

"Commander Lindbergh, one of your drones that was behind enemy lines has been destroyed; as we don't have access to your drones, we are still clueless about how it was destroyed." Said Gambo as his large egg-shaped body entered the tent and walked past a table, only to spot Lindbergh watching a video in the corner.

"I know; it was the pigeon drone tasked with keeping an eye on one of the marine's smaller cities that they used to replenish their weapons after every battle." Replied Lindbergh as he didn't look away from the video, which was being projected onto the tent's wall by a transponder snail.

"That isn't good; have the Marines finally discovered your drone? But how? Your drones always look so life-like that I wouldn't be able to spot the difference even if the drone was standing beside an actual bird." Stated Gambo with a frown as he approached Lindbergh, who was watching the video that displayed Diddy and Trenza walking down the street.

"It wasn't a Marine that discovered my drones; they would never be able to do so. My Drones are modeled nearly perfectly after the animals I replicate them as." Replied Lindbergh while shaking his head as he watched Diddy stop in place and suddenly snap his head in their direction, eyeing the two with his beastly eyes.

"Is that... The pirate who had recently caused a commotion within the South Blue? Diddy D. Kong, also known as Chaos Kong, Captain of the Frenzy pirates?" Questioned Gambo, surprised and confused as he stared at Diddy, who had approached them in the video, his face only a foot or two away.

"Yes, that's him, Gambo; it only makes sense a Mink would be capable of discerning my pigeon drone was a fake; our incredible senses aren't just for show." Said Lindbergh as he watched the video, which didn't last long considering Diddy restrained the drone before destroying it, causing it to end abruptly.

"I know he's a pirate, Commander Lindbergh, but considering how he raided Briss Kingdom and openly went against the WG by burning their flag, he seems to dislike them greatly, so why not try to recruit him to our side? They seem to be rather competent, and even if he refuses, it's not so bad; nothing to lose and everything to gain." Remarked Gambo with a thoughtful expression as he looked at Lindbergh, who had stood up and put on his jetpack.

"Hehe, that's not a bad idea, but I have a feeling he'll refuse; just from the look in his eyes, he doesn't seem like the type to listen to people, though I will give it an attempt. However, seeing how he isn't concealing his whereabouts, I've got no doubt Vice-Admiral Mini has learned of his presence, and considering how we've just finished a battle today, he's free to go and capture him. Even if he doesn't join us, keeping such a pirate alive who kills innocent citizens isn't something I'm fond of." Declared Lindbergh as he put on his goggles and exited his tent while activating his jetpack, Gambo following behind him.

"While I'm, you're in charge, Gambo; I should be back within a few hours tops. Hehe, hopefully, I'll be able to finally test out my new babies." Said Lindbergh as he glanced at Gambo before shooting off into the sky, heading toward the city where Diddy and Trenza were, leaving behind a trail of smoke.
___
___