Chapter 50: Interview With Janet & Diddy

Seeing them collapse onto the deck unconscious, I glanced at Sebas, yet it didn't seem necessary as he was already approaching their bodies.

"I've got it, Captain; I'll take care of them. Also, thank you for allowing them to join; it was rather hard parting away from these three troublemakers. I've known them since they were just children; we may not be blood-related, but they are practically my own children." Said Sebas with a smile of gratitude as he floated the three off the ground before turning around and slightly bowing to Diddy.

"Don't care, and I didn't do it for you; just know if they aren't pulling their own weight, I'll kick them overboard, and It doesn't matter where we will be in the South Blue, I'll still do it." Replied Diddy while glancing at Sebas before shaking his head and ignoring him as he looked at Freyja, who was heading toward the upper deck.

"Hoho, I may not know you well, Captain, but I don't doubt your words." Remarked Sebas with a chuckle as he headed downstairs to the ship's second floor before entering one of three cabins.

Leaping up to the upper deck, landing on the rail right in front of the helm, which is where Freyja was currently sitting as she attempted to steer the ship out of the pier; thankfully, with the way Sebas docked the ship, it was relatively easy to maneuver; I wasn't required to move the ship myself. Just when I was about to question Freyja, I saw Janet walking up the stairs to my right, and in all honesty, I had forgotten she was even aboard the ship with how quiet she'd been.

'Actually, now that I think about it, why is she even here?' Mused Diddy with a thoughtful expression as he hopped off the railing and approached Janet, who quickly noticed him.

"Why are you still here, Janet? Shouldn't you be doing, I don't know, things journalists do?" Asked Diddy curiously as he looked at Janet, who had her pen and notebook out as she blankly looked at him.

"It seems you've already forgotten; you agreed to partake in my interview. Also, I needed a way to quickly get off the island before the Marines arrived." Said Janet with a sigh, while Diddy nodded his head.

"Hmm, now that you mention that, I did say I'll participate in your interview; tch, lame, I don't really feel like doing it anymore, but whatever." Muttered Diddy as he rubbed his chin while furrowing his brows before frowning in annoyance.

I wasn't really interested in doing this little interview anymore, but I also wasn't one to go back on my word, never have been, and never will be. My Father, from my past life, had told me when I was still relatively young that a man should rather die than ever go back on his words; of course, at that time, I thought what he said was dumb, not to mention he ended up drying because of that. However, while it's stupid, as I got older, I ended up respecting him for it; even though he died, he never once went back on his words, and ever since then, I have done the same.

"Heh, since I'm not doing anything right now, let's do the interview right now; I'm keen on quickly getting this over with." Said Diddy with a shake of his head as he turned and approached his hammock, which was at the stern of the ship.

"So, since I'll be conducting an interview, how should I address you? Diddy? Captain Diddy? Kong? Captain Kong? Or maybe you'd prefer your full name, Diddy D. Kong?" Asked Janet as she moved a nearby barrel until it was before Diddy's hammock and sat on it while preparing to take notes.

"I don't care; Diddy's fine with me." Replied Diddy as a yawn escaped his mouth while Janet scribbled in her notebook.

"So, you prefer people calling you by your family name; unusual, but definitely not the weirdest thing I've seen or encountered." Muttered Janet, though her words did cause Diddy to raise an eyebrow.