Chapter 4: Four Years Later

In the middle of the South Blue, on a rather large island, which was separated into two sections, the south side was filled with vegetation and inhabited by powerful beasts. In contrast, the other half, or the north side, consisted of numerous man-man constructs populated with numerous people. Ignoring the northside, in the bottom half of the island, far down south, there was our MC, Diddy D. Kong, nimbly running through the dense forest as a singular but large wolf quickly chased him with a hungry gaze.

Looking closer, you'd realize that even though a giant wolf was currently chasing him, there wasn't an ounce of fear plastered on his face, nor did there seem to be worry; instead, he was smiling while his heart pumped blood, imbued with excitement, throughout his body.

___

___

While nimbly running through the forest, I didn't even need to look behind me to know the wolf was still chasing me; I could hear his heavy breathing, not to mention the loud noise his large body made while running through this densely packed forest.

"Hahaha, catch me if you can, you old mutt!" Roared Diddy in a child-like voice while laughing, his tone laced with excitement as he glanced behind him, only to see an angry wolf.

Curious about how I got stuck in this situation? Well, allow me to give a flashback to just an hour ago.

'Hopefully, by the time I'm done with this flashback, I'll have arrived in a more open space.' Thought Diddy with a slight smile as he slid underneath an oblivious deer that happened to get sliced in two by the wolf's sharp claws behind him.

___

___

While doing some light exercise on the beach, which I happened to make quite cozy after spending roughly four years here, I contemplated what I would eat for tonight's meal.

'Should I get deer? No, ever since I've grown to the point where I could actually hunt, that's the only source of meat I've consumed besides rabbit. Lizard? Nope, the only lizards I know of are poisonous, and I don't wish to get poisoned; again. How about wolf meat? Now that sounds tempting; however, the only wolves I've encountered are quite large, not to mention the pack leader, who seems significantly larger than every other wolf.' Thought Diddy with a thoughtful expression covered in sweat from squatting a boulder the size of a truck.

"997, 998, 999; ugh, 1,000! Haa, that was heavy and difficult, just the way I like it." Remarked Diddy while slightly out of breath as he dropped the immense boulder on the sand behind him, causing the surrounding area to tremble intensely.

Walking over to my tiny home that was set up beside a rock formation, I approached a storage box in the back, made out of various sticks woven together with plant fiber, and grabbed a coconut from inside. Using my razor-sharp nails, I sliced a small hole in the coconut before drinking the contents, which tasted like sugared water, weird but good.

"Ahh, that was tasty; but I need to restock my stash of coconuts and start drinking water that I boil myself. With how fast I drink water, I'll consume more coconuts than what the trees can produce." Said Diddy with a slight smile, his exhaustion already noticeably disappearing.

Although I told myself that, I knew I wasn't going to do that, at least not any time soon; the coconut water just tasted way better than normal water and was probably more nutritious. I mean, there was sugar in it.

Approaching my hammock, which was placed between two protruding rocks, I lay in it until my exhaustion entirely dissipated before I decided to go and hunt; I've gotten much stronger since when I first arrived here four years ago as a mere newborn, but that forest is still very deadly. I've managed to map the forest somewhat and concluded that there are three different areas; at least, that's what I've discovered so far.