Chapter 38: Omoi Omoi No Mi

"Just know, Kong, while I may have agreed to join your pirate crew if your goal ends up interfering with my ambition, I'll do everything in my power to stop you." Said Sebas solemnly as he ended the handshake, though Diddy wasn't the least bit phased by his threat.

"Whatever you say, Old-man." Replied Diddy with a smirk as he holstered his staff and turned around, eyeing the office, which had sustained quite a bit of damage.

"So, now that you're part of my crew, what will you do with your little mafia? They won't be coming along with you; our ship isn't large enough to house that many people, and I don't want a bunch of weaklings either; it'll give a bad name for the Frenzy pirates if the majority of its members are weaklings." Remarked Diddy as he approached the desk and sat in Sebas's chair, which was in perfect condition.

"That is unfortunate; It's been a very long and arduous process to create this mafia, and each member is someone handpicked by me, but I suppose, since I'm about to embark on a new journey, it's only right for me to leave everything else behind." Stated Sebas with a sad sigh as he slowly approached Scar and Treza, who were lying unconscious on the ground after having been beaten by Diddy.

Watching Sebas near the two people, I had expected him to possibly tend to their wounds or attempt to pick them up, but what I hadn't expected was for him to point two of his fingers up, which caused the two unconscious bodies to float off the ground and hover a few feet in place.

'First, it was telepathy, and now it was telekinesis; two completely different abilities, yet they both operate off the basis of a powerful mind.' Mused Diddy as he grinned in excitement at the potential of his new crew mate.

"Sebas, you must've eaten a Devil fruit, right?" Asked Diddy curiously while eyeing Sebas, who nodded in response.

"Yes, I ate a Devil fruit many years ago, a paramecia Devil fruit, to be exact; it substantially enhanced my mind and gave me a few abilities, such as being able to enter someone's mind, as well as lift objects with but a thought, though I can't lift anything too heavy; I've essentially turned into a mind-mind Human." Replied Sebas calmly as he opened the door to his office, only to see two guards lying unconscious on the ground.

"You've had such a powerful devil fruit for who knows how many years, so why are you so weak? If you had properly trained your abilities, you'd have easily defeated me; I wouldn't have even been a threat to you." Questioned Diddy in confusion, his words causing Sebas to chuckle, though he couldn't deny his words.

"I've wanted more strength, but unlike you, it wasn't my goal; it was just a means to survive in the Briss Kingdom since no one cares what happens to someone like me." Said Sebas lightly as he exited the room and walked down the hall while hauling two floating unconscious bodies beside him; Diddy decided to follow behind.

"Hehe, well, I don't care what you've been through in the past, just know now that you're a part of my crew, you'll be required to get stronger since if you start holding me back, I won't hesitate to kill you." Stated Diddy with a feral grin as he looked at Sebas while slightly unleashing his killing intent.

"I understand; however, you don't need to worry about me; I've lived for a long time, so I know very well how deadly the life of a pirate is; while I may have a fragile constitution, my mind is as sharp as a blade, and it'll only continue to get sharper from here on out. Wisdom comes with age, after all." Said Sebas lightly with a nod as he and Diddy walked past an open door to their right, only to spot numerous unconscious mafia members, causing them both to furrow their brows in confusion.

"I may have a powerful mind, but I shouldn't have been able to cause this much damage to this many people from such a distance." Muttered Sebas in confusion as he closed his eyes and spread his mind, also known as psionic energy, to cover the entire building, only to sense no active minds.