Chapter 32: First Pirate Encounter

It's been a few days since we departed from Baterilla; I'm sure Rear Admiral Hina or some other high-ranking marine officer has discovered what's transpired at Baterilla; however, currently, Freyja and I were heading toward the next closest Island, which isn't too far away, we should arrive at the said island just before dusk.

While lying in a hammock, which is placed on the upper deck a few meters behind the helm that Freyja usually occupies, I spotted a white seagull flying about through the sky, and while that wouldn't usually arouse any interest, it had a hat and what looked to be a pouch attached to its body.

"What the?" Muttered Diddy in confusion as he eyed the bird descending towards him after noticing their ship.

Eyeing the incoming bird, I hopped off the hammock I was lying in and neared the edge of the ship; a few moments later, the bird arrived, landing on the ship's railing just beside me. Now that I got a better look at the bird, I spotted what seemed to be newspapers in its pouch, causing me to raise an eyebrow, but since the bird was already here, I decided to take one; I was slightly curious anyway.

After I took a newspaper from the bird, it cawed at me before flapping its wings as it took to the sky once more, going to continue delivering newspapers to people out at sea; at least, that is what I assumed it would do.

Ignoring the bird, I headed back towards my hammock, and once I was comfy, I started reading through the newspaper while being bathed in the ocean breeze; however, the instance I opened to the first page, the first thing I saw was a picture of Freyja and I along with two photos of what looks to be Karate Island and Baterilla, of course, the aftermath of the two islands.

~Two Islands in South Blue, the birthplace of all martial arts, Karate Island and Baterilla, have been destroyed, and every single resident has been brutally murdered. Marines say only two individuals did it; the pictures below are the ones responsible. The culprits are still at large, and until they have been caught or killed by the Marines, no island in South Blue is safe!~

Chuckling at their description, I smirked as I hopped off my hammock again and approached Freyja, causing her to turn around from the sound of my footsteps while glancing at me before her attention shifted to the newspaper in my hand.

"Heh, looky here, Freyja, we're on the newspaper's front page; it seems our hard work has really started to pay off." Remarked Diddy with a smirk as he handed the newspaper to Freyja, who was interested in reading the article about them.

"Yes, but it doesn't mention anything about our Pirate group, so we still aren't deemed important by the Marines. At least not yet." Replied Freyja lightly as she returned the newspaper to Diddy, who merely grinned before setting it on fire with his lightning.

"That just means we haven't caused enough chaos! Speaking of chaos, look what we finally encountered; a pirate ship." Stated Diddy with a grin while pointing toward a ship in the distance with a jolly roger atop its mast.

"Pirates, what an unlucky day for them to have encountered us." Muttered Freyja while licking her lips as she changed the ship's course, intending to intercept the pirate ship.

While Freyja steered the ship to head directly for the pirates in the distance, they seemed to have noticed us as well since they shifted their course as well; now, they were also heading toward us. A few minutes later, our ships arrived side-by-side, allowing Freyja and I to properly view the pirates, consisting of several men with swords on the deck; however, I could sense more people down below.

However, before we started fighting, unlike the enemy pirate's much larger ship, we didn't have an anchor to quickly halt our momentum, causing us to continue sailing right by their ship; of course, I wasn't going to let that happen, we had business with them after all.