Chapter 34: Sebas Visage

While walking down the streets, seemingly in the red-light district, I witnessed the city's nightlife, and it was as generic as one would expect; groups of intoxicated men entering brothels alongside women wearing skimpy clothing. I don't know why the red-light district would be close to the slums; it doesn't feel very hygienic, though given that it's still the sixteenth century, I doubt anyone in the world is worried about hygiene, except for me.

'I may be a little crazy, but I'm not disgusting; there is a big line between the two.' Mused Diddy while walking through the city, ignoring the various women as he searched for the whereabouts of the Sebas Visage.

Considering the person I was looking for was a leader of a mafia called the Elegant Mafia, I presumed the people part of the group would be, well, elegant. So with that mindset, I figured I wouldn't find anyone affiliated with the Elegant Mafia entering brothels, though I could be wrong, but then again, what's elegant about a brothel? Besides, none of the people I spotted wore anything remotely classy; they were all wearing old, cheap, ragged clothing, as one would expect from peasants, and the few that weren't were only wearing decent clothes.

Though I didn't completely give up on the red-light district, an organized illegal gang would need money to operate properly, and who is to say these brothels aren't a part of their business? I may happen to come across someone affiliated with the Elegant Mafia who came to collect payment; however, unfortunately, that didn't seem to be the case, and for the next thirty or so minutes, I didn't spot anyone I would think would be apart of the Mafia.

Funnily enough, though, I happened to hear rumors about a fantastic prostitute at one of the brothels who was able to send men to heaven in mere seconds, and it didn't take a genius to figure out it must've been Freyja enjoying herself, surprised she hadn't sucked anyone dry yet.

'Annoying, but whatever; let's check a pub or bar. In movies, those places are always the best place to go when you're searching for information. Wonder if it works in real life too.' Pondered Diddy as he shook his head and approached the end of the red-light district.

I don't know what this district is called, but looking around, I noticed several taverns and inns; though now that I think about it, this may very well be the same district, though I couldn't really care. Observing my options carefully, after a few minutes, I finally decided on which tavern to enter, and unsurprisingly, it also had the most traffic.

"Greyson Tavern." Muttered Diddy as he stood before the entrance of the noisy building while looking up at the glowing sign before shrugging his arms and entering.

Just like one sees in movies, the instance I entered the tavern, though the music was still playing, everyone quieted down, and all eyes were focused on me, causing me to raise an eyebrow as I looked at everyone.

"W-What is y-your kind d-doing here!? D-Don't you k-know, t-this place only a-accepts humans!" Yelled a drunk man angrily as he stood up and slowly approached Diddy, his oversized stature causing him to tower over him.

Looking up at the large man, I merely smirked before blasting him, along with everyone else in the entire tavern; with my bloodlust, my actions caused the music to stop playing while the man standing before me instantly went pale and fell to the ground in fear while slightly trembling as he looked at me. Ignoring the man, I stepped over him and headed deeper into the tavern, passing by people sweating intensely while sitting at tables; when I arrived at the bar, everyone who was sitting there instantly stood up and distanced themselves from me.

Sitting on one of the stools, I looked at the trembling and sweating bartender, who seemed to be on the verge of fainting, before retracting my killing intent, causing the man to calm down somewhat, though he was still very terrified.