Chapter 155: Sebas The Mediator

With a fluttering of eyes, Luffy, the Captain of the straw hat pirates, awoke from his slumber; unlike his happy-go-lucky self, he was frowning as he stared at the ceiling while lying on the top bunk. After some time, he heard a few grunts, along with two familiar voices, as they exited from their beds and stood up.

"Ugh, that monkey gave me one hell of a beating; my head still hurts." Muttered Sanji with a frown as he stood up while grabbing his head, only to notice his head was wrapped in bandages.

"Tch, he may have used his nails, but these look awfully familiar to sword marks." Said Zoro with a click of his tongue as he moved his bandages out of the way, eyeing five shallow cut marks on his chest, which had already stopped bleeding.

"Luffy, what about you? You okay?" Added Zoro as he grabbed his swords from beside his bed and glanced up at Luffy, still wordlessly lying on the top bunk above Usopp.

"Yeah, I'm fine; what about everyone else?" Replied Luffy with a shake of his head while lightly smiling, his usual self slowly returning as he got up from his bed and hopped to the ground.

"We're good, given the bandages on us; Chopper must've patched us up-" Stated Sanji as he ignored the men and went straight for Robin and Nami, who were both lying in the same bed in the back, only to freeze when he spotted Chopper to his left.

"Hmph, what is it, curly brows? Is there something wrong with Chopper?" Asked Zoro as he and Luffy stepped forward, standing beside Sanji while the three gazed at a Chopper, who was lying unconsciously on the bottom bunk bed.

"No, Chopper is fine, moss head; it's just if he's unconscious, how did he tend to us?" Remarked Sanji with a frown, his words prompting Zoro to frown as he unsheathed his sword and eyed the door, while Luffy just tilted his head in confusion.

"Hmm, maybe he did it while sleeping?" Said Luffy with a thoughtful expression while tapping his chin, though both Sanji and Zoro ignored him as the two walked right past him before busting right through the door with their backs beside each other.

"Hmm, the monkey and Freyja-san are gone, and there doesn't seem to be anyone else." Muttered Sanji with a slight frown as he furrowed his brows while intently looking around, only to stare at the ship to his left.

However, just before Sanji could say anything, an older gentleman floated from seemingly nowhere as he landed before the two men, prompting them to aggressively eye him while in a fighting stance.
___
___

Landing before the two young men known as Sanji and Zoro, I cleared my throat and spoke to them in a friendly manner since they weren't enemies; if they were, they'd already be dead.

"Hoho, you don't need to worry about those two troublemakers; Captain and Freyja have left for Jaya Island, and the only people left are Grand and I. Speaking of that, allow me to introduce myself properly; after all, I'm not like my Captain; I've got manners. I'm Sebas Visage, second mate of the Frenzy pirates. It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Sanji Vinsmoke, Rornoroa Zoro, and Monkey D. Luffy." Stated Sebas softly with a slight chuckle as he stood a few feet before the two with luffy in the back, prompting them all to frown at the realization of his affiliations, though Sanji was the only one who attacked.

With the mention of Vinsmoke, Sanji lunged for me and leaped into the air as he aimed to kick me right through his ship; though I had a feeling this would happen, after all, I'd read his mind, and I know just how much he hates his family name. Raising my hand, I erected a psionic barrier, separating the two of us as his leg slammed against it, though the person I was dealing with was someone much weaker than a Vice-admiral, let alone Captain, so he came to an immediate halt.

"How do you know that name!?" Exclaimed Sanji angrily as he eyed Sebas while pushing as hard as possible, though he couldn't so much as budge the psionic barrier.