Chapter 15: Dojo Hunter

In the South Blue, specifically on Karate Island, the birthplace of nearly all martial arts, it was late at night, hardly anyone present among the dimly lit streets except for guards out on their night patrol; however, unlike what is considered the norm, you'd notice an excessive amount of guards, and each seemed to be on full alert while intently observing their surroundings, as if looking for something, or more specifically, someone.

___

___

"Captain Chansey, any luck finding clues or possibly locating the 'Dojo Hunter'!?" Questioned a young man with a black belt leading a group of four people, each with a brown belt.

"Unfortunately, no, not so much as a hair; what about on your end Captain Kalkey?" Replied the middle-aged man as he and his group approached Chansey.

"Haa, nothing; I've been searching for the 'Dojo Hunter' for nearly an entire year, yet I haven't seen him once; all I see is the aftermath of his actions." Stated Kalkey in anger while kicking the ground to relieve some steam.

"I understand how you feel, Kalkey, but at the same time, I've no doubt you know what happens to those that manage to confront the Dojo Hunter. Not a single soul has lived to tell the tale about it; only their corpses, having already been defiled with their own martial art, will remain." Said Chansey solemnly, his words planting fear inside the eight men.

"That's exactly why I wish to capture him, Chansey! Ever since he first appeared, out of the 346 Dojo Masters that existed, less than half remain! Not to mention recently, he's been appearing more often than usual; just in the last month, he's killed 27 dojo Masters, roughly four times the norm, Chansey! At this rate, if nothing is done, all of the Dojo Masters will be killed within five more months!" Exclaimed Kalkey passionately in anger, though before Chansey was allowed to reply, the ten men suddenly heard eerie laughter that emerged from the darkness of night, causing their hair to stand on end.

"Hehehe; you're the fourth patrolling unit I've encountered this night. Curious how the other two went?" Announced the eerie voice that filled every man with fear, though as they were experienced Martial artists, they didn't allow their fear to take control of their hearts.

"It's you! The Dojo Hunter! Show yourself, coward!" Roared Kalkey angrily while in a fighting stance, warily observing his surroundings.

"Kalkey, be careful; I know you're angry, but don't allow it to fill your heart and cloud your mind. The Dojo Hunter is no ordinary opponent; the likelihood of us surviving this encounter is minuscule." Said Chansely in a whisper, though his determination didn't once falter, even knowing he'd likely die.

"I know Chansely, but he killed my Sensei with our Dojo's prized martial art; for such a disgraceful death, I must avenge my Sensei." Stated Kalkey through gritted teeth while constantly scanning the surrounding area in search of the Dojo Hunter.

While the ten men, all in a defensive fighting stance, stood beside each other, out of nowhere, there was a sudden gust of wind, and mere moments later, Chansey's four men suddenly collapsed on the ground without a single indication of ever being attacked. Such a scene frightened the men, especially Kalkey's four men, as they momentarily faltered from such a sight, resulting in them following in the footsteps of the previous four men.

"M-Monster!" Said Kalkey as his eyes shook in fright while fearfully stepping back, only to bump into someone.

"S-Sorry Chansely-" Added Kalkey as he turned around, only to notice the person he had bumped into wasn't Chansely since his corpse was already sprawled on the ground.

"Hmm, that attire, ahh, I remember visiting you're Dojo about a year ago; I'll say, while your Sensei was a decrepit Oldman, he was very proficient in his martial art; it took me three weeks of practicing that martial art before I managed to defeat him with it, which is very impressive as most Dojo's I visit, I'm able to defeat the Masters within a week." Remarked a small figure; though the darkness hid most of his features, only his fiery golden eyes were clearly visible.