Chapter 115: First Raid, Complete?

Lowering my finger, I watched Mirage's body collapse onto the ground, staining the floor with her blood while giving her a disinterested look.

"No, I don't care about your stupid prophecy; however, that knock-up stream sounds interesting." Remarked Diddy with a slight smirk as he ignored Mirage's body and inspected the eternal pose in his hand.

'Okay, now what the hell is this? I believe she called it an eternal pose, so it probably works the same as a log pose, but with a slight difference, I presume.' Thought Diddy with a raised eyebrow as he held the eternal pose, which was pointing west at an angle, confusing him, though before he could further question it, he heard a groan coming from behind him.

Hearing Freyja's voice, I turned around and saw her entering the room through the busted open vault door while rubbing her head in pain; she also seemed a little exhausted, but that was probably because she had Naga-sa strapped to her back.

"Are they dead? The person who was making those illusions?" Questioned Freyja with a scowl while rubbing her head in pain as she glanced at Diddy before observing the room, noticing two corpses sprawled on the floor.

"Yeah, I killed her; she was just some lunatic who was obsessed with reaching Sky Island, whatever that is." Remarked Diddy with a nod as he stored the eternal pose in his vest pocket before approaching Freyja.

"N-Never heard of it, but whatever, I'm sure we can ask Sebas whenever he awakens from the beating you gave him; also, get this thing off of me!" Stated Freyja with a nod before turning around, allowing Diddy to grab Naga-sa off her back while she took off the holster herself before throwing it to Diddy.

"Yep, that's what I intended to do." Said Diddy as he holstered Naga-sa to his back and left the room while Freyja followed from behind, the two leaping into the air and heading back toward the ship.

"Anyways, I'm curious: what kind of illusions did you experience?" Asked Diddy curiously as he looked behind him, glancing at Freyja, who was using her large, leathery wings to fly.

"Ugh, creatures of such monstrosity that they even made you look normal." Remarked Freyja as she shivered while thinking back to the various abominations she was forced to experience.

"Heh, sounds interesting. I hope those monsters exist somewhere in this world; I'd love to fight them." Commented Diddy with a feral grin, while Freyja just opted to stay quiet, not wanting to relive those horrible memories.

The flight back to the ship was relatively quick, especially since I didn't have to babysit Freyja; when we arrived, there was no one on the top deck, but I knew they were here as I could hear them below me.

"Well, that definitely could've been more thrilling, but I suppose not every island can be a jackpot; I'm just satisfied it wasn't completely lame." Stated Diddy as he landed on the upper deck of his ship and stretched a little while Freyja landed beside him.

"Speak for yourself, you crazy, Captain; I'm going to take a rest; after all that, I need it." Muttered Freyja as she walked down the stairs before taking a left and entering the captain's quarter, right underneath the upper deck.

"Ay, make sure to keep an eye on the log pose, Freyja; I don't want to stay here doing nothing because you forgot to check whether it had reset." Yelled Diddy as he lightly stomped on the wooden floor beneath him, and instead of a verbal response, he got a grunt from a Freyja.

Ignoring Freyja, since we pretty much had nothing to do now that Mirage was dead, I set Naga-sa beside my hammock and decided to pass some of the time with a light nap to get back to peak condition since while fighting against Sebas and Freyja wasn't enough to exhaust me, it wasn't like I was fighting two marine soldiers. While it may not seem like it, given my presence and overwhelming strength compared to them, Sebas and Freyja are both strong in their own right; otherwise, I wouldn't have wanted them to join my crew.