Chapter 36: Diddy VS Sebas!

Feeling Sebas's presence being forcefully driven out of my mind instantly alleviated the intense pain while also clearing up my thoughts. With the unconscious Sebas still clutched in my hands, I threw him toward the wall, causing him to be embedded in it, while I leaned against the desk and used this chance to rest since, even though it was but a short struggle, it had exhausted me even more than a drawn-out battle.

Taking deep breaths, I turned around and glanced at the white-haired man along with a woman, who I didn't even notice until now, only to realize the two of them were also unconscious; the white of their eyes showing, causing me to raise an eyebrow in pure confusion as I hadn't attacked them.

"W-What's going on? Why are they already knocked out?" Questioned Diddy between his heavy breathing in confusion while propping himself up with the desk, though what he didn't know was that everyone else in the base was also unconscious.

I had no idea what was going on, but I didn't think about it for too long as I focused on calming my breathing into a specific pattern, a technique I had personally created after breaking down many different martial arts; its primary purpose is to maximize one's recovery speed by breathing in a specific pattern to increase oxygen absorption, and it's pretty effective. I had taught this technique to Freyja and then beat her until the brink of death since I was curious how good it actually was; I wasn't stupid enough to injure myself heavily when I had someone who'd use any opportunity given to them to kill me.

The results were rather impressive, and although it wasn't some game-changing technique, it improved one's recovery ability by about fifteen percent; of course, I'm sure such statistics would change depending on who uses it, but either way, it's helpful no matter what.

Within a matter of a few minutes, the exhaustion I felt had significantly disappeared, well at least the physical exhaustion; that breathing technique did little to help my mental fatigue.

"Ugh." Said Sebas as he groaned in pain, causing Diddy to display a feral grin as he looked at him.

Seeing Sebas come to rather quickly, I grinned as I approached him, and when I arrived before him, he lifted his head and looked at me, though there was no fear in his eyes, only firmness.

"You really pissed me off, Sebas; attacking someone without even announcing yourself is not something I'm fond of; in fact, I want to kill you instantly!" Stated Diddy while grinning as he looked up at Sebas, who seemed completely unfazed.

"Then do so, Kong; I'm an old man, one who's not scared of death; I've lived a long enough life and experienced many things. Dying at the hands of someone with such a powerful mind isn't shameful at all." Said Sebas calmly while blood leaked from his orifices as he looked at Diddy with firm eyes that displayed his tenacious will.

"Hehe, if you wished to die so badly, why not do it yourself?" Asked Diddy with a smirk as he grabbed Naga-sa off his back and slammed it onto the ground beside him, causing the area to tremble slightly.

"You've got it wrong young Kong; I have no desire to die without achieving my ambition, and if I could, I'd still attempt to resist, but I can't. I'm an old man with a weak body, and although I doubt you used much force when you threw me, my body is in tatters; I'm definitely seriously injured and on death's bed." Replied Sebas with a slight smirk as he attempted to move his body, only for him to cough blood and grunt in pain.

"So what if your body is weak? Didn't you say the mind reigns supreme? Fight back with your mind." Exclaimed Diddy as he brandished his staff and held it right before Sebas's chin.

"Hehe, I also can't do that; whatever you did to me had greatly wounded my mind even more than my body; if I hadn't retracted some of my presence in time, I would already be dead." Said Sebas with a slight chuckle as he coughed more blood and eyed the staff just before his face.