Chapter 24: The Marines Arrive; Captain Shu

Out in the vast and endless sea, specifically in the south blue, you'd spot three ships of varying size, yet each one was blue and had the symbol of the Marines painted on the ship's hull as they sailed through the ocean unhindered.

The first ship, and the biggest of them all, capable of holding more than one-thousand men, had four masts in total, two large ones and two smaller ones; many cannons surrounded the edge of the ship, signifying its status as a marine battleship as it sailed at the foremost.

The second ship, which sailed just to the left of the battleship, while much smaller, was still relatively large and had a total of three masts, one large one and two smaller ones, although the ship didn't have nearly as many cannons, there was still enough to defend themselves from possibles attacks, solidifying its status as a standard marine ship.

The last and final ship, which sailed directly behind the foremost ship, was only slightly smaller than the battleship while still containing a total of four masts, yet it had one large and three small masts; although it was a marine ship, the number of cannons was pitiful, causing one to wonder if it was truly a marine ship; however, it's lack of defense was made up for with the sheer amount of resources one could see from merely the deck, denoting its status as a marine transport ship.

While the three ships sailed the sea, off in the near distance, a blurry image of an island slowly became more and more apparent, causing the lookout, who was sitting at the topmost of the mast, to come rushing down as he made his way towards the captain's office.

___

___

"May I come in, Captain Shu?" Asked someone in a dignified voice from behind a door, causing the captain to look up from his stack of papers.

"Enter." Replied Captain Shu, who wore a large white marine hat and a white veil surrounding half his face.

Although I heard the marine enter my office, I just glanced at him before focusing back on my dense stack of papers.

"Petty Officer, reporting for duty, Captain Shu. I've just laid eyes on Karate Island, ETA, 40 minutes!" Stated the officer as he saluted before Captain Shu, his words grabbing the man's attention.

"I see; Inform Vice-Captain; he'll take command of docking at Karate Island." Said Captain Shu while continuing to focus on his stack of papers, though the office just nodded before leaving the room.

I wanted to finish my work before arriving at Karate Island, but those forty minutes passed by in a blink of an eye, and before I realized it, we'd already docked.

"Captain, all three ships have successfully docked; the nobles of Karate Island have come to greet you." Stated a rough-looking man who opened the door without so much as a warning, causing Captain Shu to sigh.

"I understand, Vice-Captain Camp; I'll be out in a minute; just let me finish this paper, so until then, occupy the nobles." Said Shu, his words causing Camp to scowl in annoyance, but he still obeyed the orders of his superior.

With Camp leaving, I quickly finished my paper before setting it in the completed stack to the side, which was only about the same size as the uncompleted stack, causing me to sigh in frustration, though thankfully, I could finally take a break.

Exiting my Office, I passed by numerous marines before finally leaving the battleship as I arrived on the dock, and in the near distance, I saw Camp seemingly speaking with several nobles, though when he noticed my presence, he pointed at me, causing all of the nobles to eagerly run towards me while Camp disappeared amongst the crowd of marines.

As I spoke with the scared Nobles, they constantly mentioned the so-called 'Dojo Hunter' and his apparent deeds; however, after my relentless attempts to appease them, I finally managed to calm them down somewhat.