Chapter 143: Diddy Drenched In Love

"Sick? I've only killed pirates like you, so don't lump it together with individuals like yourself. I kill for a good cause; you slaughter just because you can." Said Gion with an ugly expression as she eyed Diddy, who chuckled.

"Hehe, you're damn right about that; I only attacked this ship because I can; that's the fun thing about it. Unlike you stupid marines who are forced to listen to the orders of your superiors, I can do whatever the hell I want, and the only way to stop me from doing something is to kill me." Remarked Diddy with a feral grin, though to Gion, he sounded like an utter lunatic.

"That's exactly why I kill pirates like you who think they can do whatever they want; the world needs order, and all you pirates do is destroy the order we so preciously strive for and spread your chaos." Stated Gion with venom in her voice as she clenched her fist while Diddy yawned in boredom.

"Order and justice, that's all you marines care about; don't you know Order and Chaos go hand in hand? One can't exist without the other; no matter what you do, there will always be chaos. Justice, on the other hand, is subjective; only the strong can decide what justice is. The world government is the strongest organization, so it gets to decide what justice actually is." Declared Diddy lightly as he glanced at Gion while thinking about other things.

"Listen, I've gotten bored of this; I've got no desire to change your thinking or justify my actions. I'll do whatever the hell I want, and if you wish to stop me, it's simple: kill me." Added DIddy, twisting his head back to normal and ignoring Gion as he hopped down a large hole leading to the lower levels.

Landing on the floor, I looked back up and eyed Gion, who was just staring at me from above; glaring at her, I waited a few seconds, and right when I was about to yank her down, which would've resulted in me breaking a limb or two, she finally hopped down, landing beside me.

"Take that long again; I'll break your legs and drag you around everywhere." Said Diddy while growling in annoyance as he looked at Gion before turning around and heading toward the medical ward.

Gion no longer said anything and instead just quietly followed behind me, which I enjoyed as I hummed a random song from my past life. While walking, I noticed Gion would constantly look out the windows whenever we passed one and sport an ugly expression every time, causing me to smirk.

"Heh, if you're looking for reinforcements, they won't be coming for quite some time. Besides, it's already been a few hours since the raid; if reinforcements were notified, I have a feeling they would've long since arrived." Remarked Diddy with a smirk as he glanced at Gion behind him before looking out the window alongside her.

"Why aren't they coming?" Asked Gion as she squinted her eyes and glared at Diddy, who merely shrugged his shoulders.

"I know why, and you'll probably figure it out after thinking long enough, but I won't tell you, where is the fun in that? Just because I'm a pirate doesn't mean I'm stupid; if I were stupid, Freyja probably would've killed me already." Replied Diddy with a grin as he turned down the hall, Gion quietly following him.

Funnily enough, we happened to walk down a hall that had a communications room, and Gion noticed it shortly after I did; once we arrived near the door, Gion didn't waste a single moment and lunged into the room, heading right for the transponder snails, not that I was about to let her ruin everything we've worked for.

Dashing in right after her, I grabbed the back of her head with my foot before slamming her into the ground, her face cracking the entire floor. She went limp for a second, though she quickly regained her bearings and tried attacking me, but, with my holding her head down with my foot, she couldn't do much.

"You two, continue doing what you were doing." Ordered Diddy calmly as he glanced at the two agents Sebas had brainwashed.

"Yes, Diddy." Said the two simultaneously with empty eyes as they nodded before turning around in their chairs.