Chapter 111: Odorless, Colorless, & Tasteless

"T-Thanks, Captain." Said Trenza awkwardly with a slight frown as she watched Kane's corpse sink into the water, only to be eaten by the massive shark swimming about.

Ignoring Trenza, I looked around for an exit or anything that stood out, but other than the chute we all entered from, there was nothing remarkable about this room; the shark was the most interesting thing, which wasn't even interesting.

"So what happened here? I smell a lot of blood in the air." Asked Diddy curiously while looking around, observing the empty room, though an unknown voice was heard before anyone could answer.

"You three have managed to escape my trap, but it seems like it cost the lives of one of your crew members; that is unfortunate. I was hoping for at least two of you to die." Said Mirage as she eyed Sebas before looking between Diddy and Freyja, who tried to find the source of the voice, though they came up empty-handed.

"Eh, who's this? You're the one who poisoned the room and caused Sebas to freak out?" Questioned Freyja with a frown while holding Scar and Grand as she looked at a speaker in the corner of the room.

"Tch, that old bitch is Mirage, the one who forced us to participate in her stupid death match, like fucking psycho! She's also the woman; I'm going to put a bullet in her head!" Yelled Trenza angrily with a smirk, her words slightly surprising Freyja and Diddy.

"She must be one crazy evil woman if she made Trenza super angry." Muttered Freyja with a raised eyebrow, looking at Trenza while Grand and Scar wordlessly nodded.

"My name is Mirage, but you five can call me Madam Mirage; I'm the owner of this island, also known as illusionary island. You five have unfortunately chosen this route, which means you will all be dying here; no hard feelings, though; it's nothing personal." Stated Mirage calmly as she took a sip of tea before glancing at Pill, who nodded in response and pressed a few buttons.

Listening to this woman talk, I didn't really have any idea why she was speaking as if she had already killed us, but I had honestly stopped paying attention and was entirely focused on looking for a path to escape, which I've found two, though all of a sudden, numerous small openings appeared on the side of the wall, followed by what seemed to be a nozzle emerging from said opening.

"Phase 1 has been completed; I hope you enjoy phase 2; just a warning though, no flames." Said Mirage with a slight smirk before her voice suddenly cut off, followed by a high-pitched sound emerging from the numerous nozzles.

"What the? D-Did she just leave!? Hmph, cowardly bitch, now that our beloved Captain has arrived, she scurries away like a frightened critter; come and face us like a man!" Yelled Trenza angrily as she stood up on Diddy's shoulder and raised her pistols to the away, nearly falling off, but he caught her leg with his tail.

"Do not ever repeat, beloved Captain, or I'm letting that shark eat you." Said Diddy with a growl, squinting his eyes as he looked down at Trenza, who meekly nodded while smiling.

"Um, is it just me, or is it suddenly getting harder to breathe?" Asked Scar with a frown as his breathing became uneven before looking at Grand, who also breathed unevenly.

"Hmm, no, I'm completely fine; the air actually feels rather nice." Replied Trenza with a shake of her head as she deeply inhaled the air while smiling.

Although I didn't say anything, I also felt the same as Scar; my breathing was still fine, but every time I took a breath, I noticed the taste of the air was more diluted than usual, almost as if something else was in the air, yet I couldn't smell or taste it.

'Now, something in the air that can conceal itself from two of my senses is rare. Hmm, what could it be?' Mused Diddy with a thoughtful expression while Grand, Scar, Trenza, and even Sebas were starting to have trouble breathing.