Chapter 29: Massacre

Looking at the incoming horde of marines with their swords and other various weapons swinging about, I merely grinned as I brandished my staff before violently swinging it toward the first wave of marines; the instant my staff made contact with their bodies, I heard nothing but crunching as they were lifted off the ground and flung overboard, though they were dead before they even reached the water.

Sensing a few people attacking me from behind, I used tekkai, causing their swords and axes to practically bounce off my skin as I turned around while swinging my staff, hitting several marines into other approaching marines, yet the horde of enemies quickly filled their spots as they lunged toward me from all angles. Seeing the numerous amount of marines nearing me with their weapons held high, I smirked and raised my staff before slamming onto the deck of the ship, creating a small hole in the ground, yet my actions caused the lunging marines to get hit with numerous wooden shrapnel.

Quickly retracting my staff while the marines were still in the air lunging toward me, I swiftly stabbed them all in quick session, creating a deep imprint in their abdomen as I flung them into the horde of marines; however, my actions did little to stop the sea of marines that charge toward me.

'Hehe; this is what I've been craving! There is nothing more chaotic than battle!' Thought Diddy with a feral grin as he crouched while gripping his staff before lunging into the sea of marines, carving a path of killing.

While amongst the seemingly infinite marines, with every single swing of my staff, I injured several while killing numerous more; halfway through my fun, I noticed the other ship had approached the boat I was currently on, and by placing a long plank between the two ships, they began boarding mine as tens of marines piled onto the ship every few seconds.

"Men, don't be fooled!! He may look tough and have killed many of our brothers and sisters, but ultimately, he is only one man; his stamina isn't infinite!!" Yelled a higher-ranking marine officer with a stern expression while pointing his sword toward Diddy from the upper deck, overlooking the battle; his words significantly raised the morale as the marines once again charged toward Diddy.

"Hahaha!!" Exclaimed Diddy with his signature chaotic laugh, amused by the man's words, as he stood on the deck littered with numerous marine corpses.

Seeing the second horde of marines charge toward me, I couldn't help but smile as I once again lunged into the sea of marines while brandishing my staff.

___

___

"P-Please S-Spare m-m-" Said a terrified marine as he dropped his weapon and ran away, though the moment he turned around, a whooshing noise was heard, and the next instance, his headless body collapsed to the ground.

Having killed the final marine, I retracted my staff and approached the captain of this ship, who was nervously looking at me from the upper deck as I stepped over piles of corpses that littered the deck; in fact, there were so many corpses I couldn't even see the deck, which is saying something since I'm confident most of the marines were sent overboard after receiving my attacks.

Jumping up to the upper deck, I landed on the railing, dyeing it red from the crimson blood that dripped from my body as I looked the captain of the ship in the eye, causing him to flinch as he took a step back from sensing my unruly killing intent that had grown from the massacre I had just committed.

"W-What do y-you want, y-you monster!" Yelled the profusely sweating marine officer as he attempted to gather his courage, though one look from diddy dispelled any he had.

"Hehe, no need to be so afraid; as much as I would like to, I won't kill you; after all, I need someone to recount my feats. Besides, that little massacre had satisfied me. For now." Replied Diddy with a feral grin while eyeing the man, though his words had greatly relieved him.