Chapter 169: Trenza's Pain?

Walking through the ruined city, we took our time exploring the place while heading toward the pyramid-like structure in the center of the city; however, it was just as desolate as we imagined; other than overgrown vegetation, there were no other signs of life.

"Hmm, can't smell anyone, so if anyone does visit this place, it is probably infrequent." Said Diddy lightly while sniffing around the buildings and air, looking very much like a dog, though neither Trenza nor Sebas was courageous enough to point it out, unlike a certain Succubus.

"That shouldn't be too surprising, no? If the only people who live in this forest beside the beats are Enel's cult, they must've visited this place many times in the past, so it's probably nothing of interest to them." Remarked Trenza lightly as she looked inside a collapsed building, though there was nothing else besides dust, roots, vines, and unrecognizable items.

"Yes, you're not wrong, but this place is somewhat centralized, so I'm decently surprised they wouldn't use this as a base of operations; there are already plenty of materials to work with." Stated Sebas with a nod as he slowly walked behind Diddy, taking his time to appreciate the sights of the destroyed city, finding it marvelous in its own unique way.

"Well, it's not completely empty, Enel; that fool is decently close by. I can more clearly feel his haki; it's coming down from up there, above the clouds." Remarked Diddy with a faint smirk as he pointed to the sky directly above the pyramid-like structure, though other than thick clouds, they saw nothing.

"If Enel's really up there, shouldn't Mael and Grand be pretty close by? He sounded like he would split him in half from how angry he was." Asked Trenza curiously as she squinted and gazed at the cloudy sky before looking back at Diddy, who shrugged his shoulders.

"Who knows where those two fools are; neither of them has any way to reliably find someone, so they're probably just aimlessly flying through the forest. Though we can leave Enel be, he's not of interest to us right now, of course, unless you wish to go fight him, yourself?" Replied Diddy while dismissively shaking his head, only to turn and grin at Trenza, who swiftly took several steps back.
___
___

"So, umm, Mael, do you have any idea where we are at?" Asked Grand softly as he stood beside Mael, the two currently on the leftmost side of the Upperyard.

"No." Replied Mael as he clenched his goldened axe while sweeping the surroundings with eyes, looking for anything that could assist them, though he returned empty-handed.

"I say let's head to the center of the island; that's a good place to start." Remarked Grand eagerly as he slammed his gauntlets together and glanced at Mael, who nodded in agreement.

"Smart. So, which direction is the center at?"

"Umm, I don't know; I was kind of hoping you knew." Replied Grand softly as he awkwardly rubbed his head while looking away, prompting Mael to grunt in anger as he spread his wings and suddenly started flying in a random direction.

"Hey! Wait for me, Mael! My legs can only move so fast!" Yelled Grand with widened eyes as he ran through the forest, chasing after Mael, who was, luckily, flying right toward the island's center.
___
___

"No, thank you, Captain; I've got no desire to fight someone who can turn me into a burnt corpse from anywhere within Skypiea. Unless Father accompanies me, then I'll go and fight!" Stated Trenza, rapidly shaking her head while gulping in fear, only to look at Sebas with a pouting face.

"Hoho, even at your old age, I still can't resist your beautiful eyes, Trenza; if you so wish, I shall oblige and accompany you on your expedition." Said Sebas with a soft chuckle as he looked at Trenza, who frowned and huffed in annoyance.