Chapter 112: Freyja's Turn

"He was getting a little too aggressive in the fight, so I had to make sure I put him down for some time; don't worry so much; I transferred some of my vitality to him, so if he's going to die, it won't be for at least another hour." Said Diddy calmly as he glanced at Sebas's face, which consisted of a broken nose and a few missing teeth.

"Should we take him back to the ship? We've got the necessary tools there, so I can at least perform basic first aid." Asked Grand with a troubled expression while looking at Diddy as he held Sebas in his arms.

"Sure, go ahead; I don't really care; if you get lost, that's on you." Replied Diddy dismissively as he separated from the group and looked up at Freyja while folding his arms.

"You've been up there for a while, Freyja; you can't find our original location or something; what's going on?" Asked Diddy with a raised eyebrow while Freyja shook her head before descending to the ground, softly landing on the soil.

"No, the abandoned village is to the north, and it's pretty close. I was just looking, that's all." Replied Freyja with a slight frown and a thoughtful expression, eliciting Diddy's curiosity.

"Hmm, what is it? You seem pretty bothered by something; was our ship missing?" Questioned Diddy as he approached Freyja while glancing in the direction of the ship, though with the thick vegetation, he couldn't see far.

"I may have been mistaken, but wasn't the tall mountain near the center of the island more towards the west?" Asked Freyja in uncertainty as she glanced at Diddy, who tilted his head in confusion.

"Yes, it was, why do you ask? Are you going to tell me that a whole ass mountain has moved?" Said Diddy with a nod before skeptically looking at Freyja, whose frown only deepened.

"Why don't you take a look for yourself? Then I'm sure you'll share my sentiment." Remarked Freyja as she flew back into the air with a mighty flap of her wings while Diddy leaped after her, propelling himself through the air with powerful kicks.

Looking around, just as Freyja said, I spotted the abandoned village north of us, roughly one hundred or so meters, not too far away; however, as I further observed my surroundings, I noticed the mountain she was talking about, causing me to furrow my brows before looking back at Freyja.

"This better not be a joke, Freyja, because if it is, it's terrible; the mountain is still in the same spot; it hasn't moved." Replied Diddy with a frown as he looked at Freyja, who seemed unbothered by his remark.

"No, I'm not joking; the mountain is more towards my left." Said Freyja as she pointed to her left, directly at the mountain, though Diddy pointed right in front of him, causing the two of them to frown deeply while silently pondering what was happening.

"Do you think you're now being affected by the island? Same as how Scar, Grand, and Trenza saw that so-called pile of gold while we saw a trap door?" Muttered Diddy, voicing his thoughts as he glanced at Freyja, who scowled but stayed quiet.

"How do you know I'm the one being affected by the island? It could very well be you, Diddy." Said Freyja defensively as she folded her arms and glared at Diddy, though all she did was cause him to grin.

"Heh, do you really think so, Freyja?" Asked Diddy with a feral grin, displaying the whites of his fangs while Freyja clicked her tongue and sighed.

"Haa, no." Muttered Freyja with a shake of her head, causing Diddy to chuckle.

Chuckling to myself, I fell back to the ground, and just as I did, Trenza ran up to me.

"Captain, Scar, Grand, and I decided it would be best to return to the ship for now; Scar and Grand are injured, and Father, well, you know his state best, considering you're the reason he is like that." Stated Trenza calmly, looking at Diddy before glancing at Freyja when she landed.