Chapter 167: Upperyard

Ignoring Freyja and the person watching us, I focused back on Sebas, who had returned to our group after speaking with that father-daughter pair.

"So, what information did you get from them? Anything valuable or interesting?" Asked Diddy curiously as he folded his arms and looked at Sebas, who rubbed his bearded chin while nodding.

"Yes, his mind contained a wealth of knowledge about Skypiea; I know a great deal about dials, the Upperyard, which is essentially just the island previously shot into the sky thanks to the Knock-up stream, along with a man called Enel who lives there, residing as this places god." Remarked Sebas lightly, his words causing everyone to either nod or raise an eyebrow while Diddy smirked in response.

"A God? Tch, he sounds overly arrogant to me, probably just a fool." Said Mael with a click of his tongue as he shook his head before looking toward his right, directly at the Upperyard in the distance.

I agreed with Mael since if there were truly someone who had the strength to call themselves a god; my instincts would've warned me of someone that powerful; if this Enel fool was truly a god, well, then we were fucked, though I knew that wasn't the case. However, before I could make a snarky remark, I was warned of an attack coming from above; glancing up, all of a sudden, a lightning bolt from out of nowhere appeared and struck down at us; no, it was aiming specifically for Mael.

Grinning, I raised my hand and had lightning coil around it, intending to act as a rod to attract the lightning, but to my surprise, it didn't deviate from its path and continued right toward Mael, who had just now noticed the attack, though it was too late. Just before the lightning could connect, I kicked Mael out of the way, causing the lightning to hit my leg, but it did nearly no damage; I can generate and control lightning, so while I may not be immune to lightning, I damn sure was very resistant to lightning attacks.

"Attack!" Yelled Grand, pulling out his gauntlet just as Trenza and Scar both got prepared to fight while Sebas and Freyja merely frowned.

"Lightning? That's interesting." Muttered Freyja lightly with a slight frown as she looked at the sky, horns and a tail sprouting from her body.

"Yes, if you had allowed me to continue speaking; Enel, the supposed God of Skypiea, rules this place with an iron fist, and he'll smite anyone who goes against his rule. As we've just seen, talking badly about him would count as such." Remarked Sebas as he cleared his throat and looked at Mael, who was standing up with a livid expression while wisps of plasma floated off his body.

"Tch, pathetic bastard; Sebas, you said Enel, resides within the Upperyard, right?" Asked Mael with a furious expression as he tightly clenched his golden axe while glaring at the sky before glancing at Sebas, who nodded.

"Hehe, good! I've got dibs on this Enel guy!" Declared Mael with an angry smile as he spread his wings and took to the sky, flying right for Upperyard while everyone watched.

"Haa, I can understand his anger, but he should've at least allowed me to inform him more about the Upperyard. Oh well, Mael is no pushover; he should be fine." Muttered Sebas as he watched Mael fly away, shaking his head before looking away.

"HEY, MAEL, TAKE ME WITH YOU, I WANT TO COME!" Yelled Grand loudly as he chased after Mael, his booming voice causing everyone to wince slightly.

"Ugh, he's got one hell of a loud voice." Said Freyja in slight annoyance as he rubbed her ear while glancing at Grand, who managed to grab Mael's attention, causing him to turn back around to pick Grand up.

"Hoho, yeah; I'm glad I found him when he was a child and not a baby; I can't imagine how noisy his crying would be; I already had enough trouble raising Trenza." Stated Sebas with a chuckle as he glanced at Grand and Mael with a wry expression before looking at Trenza, who rolled her eyes while holstering her pistols.