Chapter 142: Peace After Battle

With the flutter of my eyes, I awoke from my nap, causing me to roll over in bed and stretch a little before hopping out, landing on the ground, and yawning a little as I stretched some more.

"Haa, that was a great nap; I feel almost fully refreshed." Muttered Diddy with a slight smirk as he contorted his body into inhuman positions before checking himself in a tall mirror on the back of the cabin door.

Examining myself, I noticed most of my wounds had healed a decent amount, and I was no longer bleeding; I still had plenty of scars, with patches of fur missing, but considering I'd only slept for a few hours, by morning tomorrow, I should be pretty much fully healed.

'I look great for someone who just got done fighting against two Vice-admirals only a few hours ago. Speaking of Vice-admirals, I should go and check upon Gion and Doberman; last I checked, they were still alive, just merely unconscious.' Pondered Diddy with a nod as he grabbed Naga-sa with his tail and holstered it on his back before opening the door and walking down the halls, which were littered with corpses.

Finding a random hole one of us probably made while fighting, I leaped out and landed on the deck, using this chance of peace to observe the dimming sky.

'It's not often I like peace, but this is quite nice.' Mused Diddy with a slight smile as he looked up at the sky, decided to take his time instead of rushing.

Whistling while walking along the ship's deck, I looked around, spotting nothing but broken and destroyed pieces of the ship lying around, along with the occasional corpse. Walking by, I spotted two burnt bodies belonging to Hosen and Cancer, respectively; approaching them, I flipped them over, ensuring they were dead.

'Yeah, they're dead alright.' Thought Diddy lightly as he picked up Cancer's body with his feet before throwing him overboard, doing the same with Hosen.

Hearing two splashes amidst the relatively calm waters, I continued moving down the ship, and after some time, I eventually arrived near the area where Mael defeated Doberman; leaning on the railing, I looked into the ocean, hoping to find him and, I happened to, though from what I could tell, he didn't seem unconscious anymore.

Leaping over the ship, I approached Doberman, lifelessly floating in the water, and hovered right above him using geppo as I picked his body up with my tail, getting a closer look.

"Yeah, you're dead." Muttered Diddy as he looked at Doberman's massive scar across his chest, which no longer leaked blood; it was not like his body had much left in its system.

Since Doberman was dead, I dropped him back into the ocean and returned to the ship as I headed toward the other side of the boat, where Gion and Sebas had fought.

"Hopefully, she's alive; I need someone to recount the details of the raid." Remarked Diddy lightly, and while walking, floating in the ocean to the left, he noticed the back piece of the ship that Sebas had ripped off.

'Got to give it to him; that's heavy; impressed he managed to lift it.' Thought Diddy with a raised eyebrow as he looked around, searching for Gion's body.

After spending a few minutes looking for Gion's body and not finding it, I smirked since this meant she was most likely alive and was hiding; the chances that I couldn't find her unconscious or dead body, while still a possibility, were incredibly slim. If she were still in the area, I would've caught a much more potent whiff of her scent; I'm only smelling the residue right now.

Shifting my focus to the closest man-eating island, I grinned and leaped into the sky as I ran through the air, moving slow and low to the ocean, making sure I didn't miss her. Since Gion's got observation Haki, she'll probably sense me first; at least, I think that's how observation haki works. I don't know much about haki, to begin with; most of my haki knowledge comes from Lindbergh, and he didn't tell me much either.