Chapter 156: Black Beard

Following my instincts, Trenza and I walked down the streets, passing by several people, some of whom thought it was a good idea to try and rob us; for them, I wasn't even required to make a move; Trenza would shoot them in my stead, and if you were unlucky, you ended up dying.

"Haa, annoying, that's like the seventh dude; don't they get bored?" Remarked Trenza with a slight frown as she glanced at a large man, who was lying dead on the floor with a bloody hole right between his eyebrows.

"Tsk, I wish; they're just annoying fleas. If you're going to rob us, at least have a decent amount of strength to back it up." Said Diddy as he glanced at the corpse before clicking his tongue and stepping over his body with Trenza following right behind him.

"So, any leads, Captain? Have you found the person you're looking for?" Asked Trenza curiously as she holstered Sunaipu and looked around, though despite having just killed someone, none of the residents reacted since such a sight was an everyday occurrence.

"Heh, I'm glad you asked, Trenza, because we've just found him." Replied Diddy with a grin as he stopped walking and turned to look at a bar directly to his left.

"Eh, he's in there?" Remarked Trenza with a raised eyebrow as she nearly bumped into Diddy before looking to her left.

Nodding, I approached the building and unceremoniously kicked open the swinging double doors, which ended up hitting two people who were just about to exit the place. With my entrance, the instant I stepped foot inside the establishment, the music stopped, and everyone looked directly at me, everyone except the person whom I had been searching for this entire time.

"Hey! Don't you know you just hit members of the Bellamy pirates!" Yelled a man from across the room angrily as he and multiple others stood up from their seats.

"Wait a second, doesn't his clothes look familiar? Or have I just had too much to drink?" Asked another man as he squinted his eyes and observed Diddy, who was ignoring them all and approaching the man who was oblivious to everything.

"No, you're right; he's wearing the same clothes as Vice-Captain Sarquiss! Wait, if that's the case, then that must mean... Captain!" Stated a third man as he nodded before sporting a thoughtful expression only to widen his eyes and stumble his way towards a table in the back.

Ignoring whatever those idiots were talking about, I sat down next to the man that I'd been looking for, though I must say, he had one of the worst builds ever; he looked like he had never heard the word leg day before.

"What'll you be having?" Asked the bartender as he glanced at Diddy and Trenza, who sat down on the stool beside him with her hand on her pistol.

"Heh, whatever he's having." Said Diddy with a feral grin as he pointed to the man to his left with his tail while Trenza just shook her head, prompting the bartender to nod and walk away.

With how close we were, I was able to smell his scent, and it reeked of booze, sweat, and saltwater, though I also sensed something very faint, something only certain people have.

'Devil fruit.' Muttered Diddy with a smirk as he glanced at the man before looking at Trenza, who quickly tapped on his shoulder.

"Tch, what? Can't you see I'm in the middle of something, Trenza?" Remarked Diddy with a slight frown as he glared at Trenza, who pointed behind her, causing him to look back only to see a man wearing a Captain's cloak approaching them.

"Yeah, so, what about him?" Asked Diddy as he ignored the yellow-haired man and glanced back at Trenza.

"I think he's Bellamy, Captain of the Bellamy Pirates." Said Trenza lightly, already prepared to fire at Bellamy, who was sporting a livid expression.