Chapter 95: Parting From Chandelier City!

After our little incident with Jin, we continued exploring Chandelier City while gathering some necessary supplies from a variety of stores. Of course, we didn't pay for anything; we stole everything, which angered a lot of owners, and they tried to call the Marines for help, but the funny thing is, when they finally arrived, they pretended Trenza, and I didn't even exist.

"Marines, they are the ones who stole from my store! Apprehend those lawbreaking pirates!" Yelled the owner of a food store as she stood directly outside her store while pointing at Diddy and Trenza, who were walking away.

"Um, Mam, about that; you see, the thing is, the one in the golden brown fur, he defeated Captain Jin, the commanding officer, so we're sorry to inform you, but unless they harm any civilians, we've been forbidden from interacting with them by our superiors." Said the leading Marine officer with a forced smile that he used to hide his exhaustion.

"What!? As marines, you have a duty to protect us civilians and uphold justice! So why are you not doing either!? I'm a law-abiding citizen who pays her taxes, so tell me, why the hell am I forced to pay for marines who won't do their fucking job!?" Yelled the owner angrily as she grabbed the leading marine by the collar and violently shook him, causing the other marines to step in, but it seemed like her strength was no joke.

"Miss, please, release him; y-you're choking him!"

"Mam, if you continue, he'll die!"

"H-How the hell is this old lady so strong!?"
___
___

"Hehe, those marines can't even deal with a single old lady; what a joke. This whole city was a joke, as a matter of fact. The supposed strongest person on this island was weak, not to mention highly flammable, and all other marines seem to be below average in strength; I wonder why that is, though." Stated Diddy with a chuckle while carrying a large sack of supplies while glancing behind him, only to see the old woman he had stolen from handling her own while fighting against five marines.

"Eh, well, to be fair, Captain, you're just really strong; besides, didn't you say it yourself? You get stronger after every battle, so that would mean you are even stronger than before." Remarked Trenza with a slight tilt of her head.

"Heh, that's not exactly what I said, but it's close enough; anyways, what time is it? It must've been 2 hours by now, right?" Asked Diddy with a smirk as he dismissively waved his hand before looking toward the sky, noticing the sun was no longer at its peak.

"It's... 4:34; damn, it's that late already?" Replied Trenza with a raised eyebrow as she looked at the pocket watch that she kept stored in her, well, pocket.

"Roughly 4 hours have passed since we docked. I didn't think time had flown by so fast." Said Diddy, mildly surprised at the time, though he seemed completely unbothered by it.

"Shouldn't we head back to the ship? I'm sure they must be waiting for us." Asked Trenza as she turned around, heading in the direction of the south pier, which is where they were docked.

"Eh, I guess, it's not like we need anything else; I've already got all the necessary supplies to repair the ship and some extra, so we should be fine." Said Diddy with a nod as he also turned around before wrapping his tail around Trenza and taking to the sky.

"A-A warning would be appreciated next time!" Yelled Trenza calmly, having already gotten accustomed to being treated so roughly by Diddy that she hardly reacted.

Ignoring whatever Trenza said, since our ship wasn't far, I saw no need to go fast, but even so, we arrived at the pier within just several seconds.

"Ouch; that was quick." Muttered Trenza as she rubbed her butt in pain before standing up and following behind Diddy, the two approaching their ship.