Chapter 124: Nude Diddy

With the battle against, whatever his name was, having come to an end, I grabbed the man by his ankle and picked up his golden axe as I started walking the way I originally came from. A few minutes passed by while I ate the occasional fruit or meat, and I happened to hear Trenza, Grand, Scar, and Heracles talking amongst themselves as they slowly approached me.

"You think Captain is okay? I know he's very strong, but I could feel the blazing heat all the way from over here." Remarked Trenza in slight worry as she held her pistols while glancing at Scar and Grand, seeking their input.

"Don't know, Trenza, you must have faith in Captain; when have you ever seen him lose?" Said Grand with a slight smile as he looked down at Trenza, causing her and Scar to give him a blank look.

"Did he not just lose against that Mink back at Centaurea? Actually, we had lost so badly we were forced to flee, and half of us couldn't even flee by ourselves." Stated Scar with a slight frown while eyeing Grand, who awkwardly rubbed his head and looked away.

"Hehe, forget about that." Muttered Grand, causing Scar to shake his head and Trenza to sigh while Heracles just calmly listened.

"Anyways, the temperature seems to be dropping, which means the battle has most likely concluded with a victor, and I'm willing to beat it was Captain as I find it hard to believe he would be beaten so quickly. Even when up against Lindbergh, he lasted an entire hour; this battle lasted only about ten minutes." Said Scar with a scrutinizing expression as he looked ahead, only to suddenly grab his dagger when he saw a golden blur coming from the distance before it embedded itself into the ground in front of them.

"An axe?" Muttered Scar with a frown while intently observing the golden axe while warily eyeing where the axe came from.

"I-I know that axe; it's the same axe that man had." Said Heracles with an ugly expression as he quickly backed away while holding his spear, his words shocking the three.

"W-What!? T-Then does that mean, C-Captain's been..." Remarked Trenza with a scowl as she gritted her teeth and glared into the distance where the axe emerged from while aiming her pistols.

"If Captain was truly defeated that quickly, we've got no hopes of winning." Said Grand with a frown as he also prepared for a fight, though before anything happened, a brown blur collided with the golden axe.

Landing on the golden axe I had thrown, I was about to say something cool to commemorate my victory, though before I could even open my mouth, I was pelted with a volley of bullets; it had taken me by such surprise that I wasn't even able to use tekkai until after a few of them had already embedded themselves into my body, causing me to grunt in pain.

"F-Fucking hell! What was that for Trenza!?" Yelled Diddy angrily as he used tekkai to stop the remaining bullets while glaring at Trenza, who stopped firing when she heard that familiar voice.

"Eh? C-Captain, that's you!?" Exclaimed Trenza in surprise, her livid expression vanishing as she eyed Diddy's furless body in disbelief.

"Who fucking else would it be, Trenza!?" Said Diddy in rage as he glared daggers at Trenza, his chest violently heaved up and down while he squeezed his tail around the man's ankle, causing his expression to contort in pain.

"I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't know it was you, Captain; you look much different without all your golden brown fur, not to mention the appearance of the golden axe through us off; we had thought you lost." Replied Trenza with an apologetic smile, her voice quieting down in fear as she hid her pistols behind her body while looking at Diddy, who seemed eager to kill someone.

"Hehehe, you're real lucky you're the ship's chef, Trenza, though I'd advise you not to continue pushing your luck." Remarked Diddy with a crazy chuckle while eyeing Trenza, who squealed in fear and hid partially behind Grand.