Chapter 166: Angel Island

Seeing the crab claws grab the sides of our ship; my first thought was it was going to rip apart our ship, so out of instinct, I grabbed Naga-sa off my back and swung it down towards one of its claws, though before I could make contact, my body was suddenly hoisted into the air, causing me to glare at Sebas, as he is the only one capable of doing that.

"Before you yell at me in anger, Captain, look more closely at the claws." Remarked Sebas lightly as he looked at Diddy levitating in the air while frozen in mid-swing.

Frowning, I glanced more intently at the claws, only to notice they weren't squeezing down with a ton of force, which was a good indicator that the crab, or whatever it was, wasn't trying to damage the ship, which slightly alleviated my worries. Clicking my tongue, I broke free of Sebas's control and landed back on the deck while holstering Naga-sa as I approached the claws, only for my frown to deepen when I realized its scent was almost non-existent like it wasn't an animal or even a living being, to begin with.

"Yeah, everything doesn't need to resort to violence; sometimes you just need to sit back and observe, though I imagine it must be hard for an unintelligent monkey like yourself." Stated Freyja lightly, leaning against the mast while Scar's arm was wrapped over her shoulder, the two snuggling together like lovers, which wouldn't be too far from the truth.

"I wouldn't have immediately resorted to violence if I had sensed this thing coming; you know, I don't like it when things just suddenly appear without warning." Said Diddy with a growl as he glared at Freyja before suddenly stabbing his head into the crab's claw, yet, to the surprise of many, there was no blood.

Seeing as my speculation was right, I removed my hand and looked into the small hole I made, only to furrow my brows, as there was nothing; it was pretty hollow, which made sense; otherwise, wouldn't it sink?

'Well, I'm not that surprised; we're currently sailing through a sea of clouds roughly 10,000 meters in the air. Shit can't get much more surprising than this, and if it can, well, I'll damn sure be shocked.' Mused Pharaoh with a raised eyebrow as he ignored the claw before leaning against the railing while Trenza approached the claw curiously.

"What the, it's hollow?" Muttered Trenza, baffled at her discovery as she deeply looked inside the claw, though before she could react, the ship suddenly started moving, catching most of them by surprise.

With the crab, or whatever it really is, holding onto the ship, it started pulling us across the spiraling clouds, sailing even higher into the air while doing corkscrews, loops, and twists; it was pretty much a violent version and unsafe version of a roller coaster, though this was much more fun in my opinion.

"C-Captain, help!" Yelled Trenza worriedly as she hung from the crab while the ship was upside down.

Glancing at Trenza, I smirked before outstretching my hand, catching her by the ankle just before she fell into the sea clouds, which were a few hundred meters below us now. For the remainder of the ride, I held Trenz over the ship's railing, not bothering to pull her up despite her pleas and only doing so once we seemingly arrived at our destination.

"That was quite fun." Said Scar with a slight smile while picking up his hat from the ground before glancing at Grand, who was lying on the ground with a large smile.

"Hahaha! Let's go again!" Yelled Grand excitedly with his arms and legs in the air, though just as he sat upright, he was shot in the head with a rubber bullet.

"NO!" Yelled Trenza angrily, looking like a complete mess as she pointed her pistol at Grand, who was rubbing his forehead with a frown while glaring at her.

"Well, you didn't need to shoot me; now I've got a red mark." Said Grand with a huff as he picked up the rubber bullet, and despite being tempted to throw it back at Trenza, he tossed it overboard.