Chapter 58: Bear Vs Trio!

The three of us just patiently stood still as the large hairy man observed the ship, his expression going from angry to shock to rage again before his eyes finally focused on us.

"You three, are you the bastards who killed my men!?" Bellowed the large-hair man as he angrily squeezed his fists while eyeing Scar, Trenza, and Grand.

"Yes, we killed your crew, and you'll be next." Replied Scar as he clutched his dagger while looking at the anger-filled man.

After that statement, I didn't waste any time and dashed right for him; once I neared him, he swung his large arm toward me, and I knew getting hit with that would be pretty disastrous. I've fought against Grand several times in the past, and one thing I've learned is not to take any of his punches head-on; otherwise, I'll be quickly out of commission.

Ducking underneath the man's arm, I stabbed my dagger deep into his thigh, but even so, the man hardly responded other than grunting; it seemed not to affect him. Seeing him swing his arm at me again, I retracted my dagger, or at least I tried to retract my dagger, but it would hardly budge, and because of that, his large arm was about to hit my back, though I wasn't to worried, I had two other teammates to assist me.

"Pay attention, big man, it's not just 1 vs. 1." Remarked Trenza as she fired her pistols at the man with incredible speed; other than bruising his body, it hardly did anything, though it did distract him long enough to allow Scar to retreat after retrieving his weapon.

"Ugh, stop shooting me, Bitch!" Yelled the hairy man as he covered his eyes with his arm while charging toward Trenza; despite his appearance, he didn't seem stupid, even if that wasn't the smartest thing to do.

"Over my dead body, will I allow you to touch my, Sister!" Bellowed Grand with a smile as he collided right into the large hairy man, stopping him dead in his tracks; in fact, he was even slightly pushing him back.

"Aww, I feel so special now." Said Trenza with a smirk as she circled the two mini-giants while firing at the Captain of the Bear Pirates.

With Grand keeping the man busy while Trenza peppered him, I silently neared the two before jumping atop his back and stabbing him in a place with a lot less muscle, lest my dagger gets stuck again. I thrust my dagger right into his side, directly between his ribs, puncturing even deeper into his body, hopefully hitting one of his lungs.

"Ugh, F-Fucker!" Yelled the large hairy man as he looked down and eyed Scar along with a deeply embedded into his side, filling him with pain.

"Your fights' up here!" Stated Grand as he used the chance Scar gave him to powerfully punch the man in his face, sending him crashing back into the captain's quarters.

With the brief respite Grand granted us, I picked up my dagger from the ground that I managed to yank out of the man's body just in time and checked it for any damages just in case; I was required to use a great deal of strength to pierce his body, so while unlikely, it's possible my weapon might've been damaged.

"This is a little too easy; maybe I should sit out?" Asked Trenza with a smirk as she approached the Scar and Grand.

"How about you both sit out? I'm confident in taking this man all by myself!" Declared Grand with an eager grin as he eyed the destroyed entrance to the captain's quarters.

"Sure, go ahead, Trenza; I saw how much damage your bullets were doing; whether you participate in this battle or not will hardly change anything." Replied Scar lightly as he glanced at Trenza, who gave him an annoyed look.

"Tch, I've been much mo-" Said Trenza while eying Scar, though she couldn't finish speaking as they heard movement from the captain's quarters.

Hearing the sound of wood breaking, we all looked toward the captain's quarters, and a few moments later, a thunderous roar was heard; not the roar of a man, no, it was the roar of a beast. Immediately following the roar, a dense clump of air emerged from the captain's quarters as it speedily headed straight for Trenza, catching us all by surprise, and while I was the first to react, it was too late by then.