Chapter 78: Plan of Attack

After listening to Sebas's bundle of information, I leaned against the ship's wall with my eyes closed and thought about what I had heard for a few moments before deciding our next course of action.

"Hmm, I'd say, let's go to the battlefield and introduce ourselves; you said the next large-scale battle will be tomorrow, Sebas?" Asked Diddy with a thoughtful expression and a smile while looking at Sebas and Grand, who had just finished revealing the information they managed to gather.

"Yes, from my sources, the two sides have made some unspoken rule where they'll conduct a large-scale battle every three days while the other days will only consist of small skirmishes. The day we arrived was the day of a large-scale battle, and today would be the third day, so by all accounts, tomorrow should be a full-fledged battle." Stated Sebas softly while Grand stood beside him and nodded; Trenza was nowhere to be seen, while Freyja and Scar were listening up above, both sitting on the helm.

"That seems a little out of the ordinary if you ask me; why would the Marines or Revolutionary Army agree to such a thing?" Asked Freyja with a raised eyebrow of curiosity as she sat atop Scar's lap while he was sitting at the helm, occasionally getting a lap dance from Freyja.

"I know you only think about sex and killing me, but use your brain a little, will you? I don't know why the Revolutionary Army would stay idle for such a long time, but the Marines are probably doing so because they haven't gotten any reinforcements, considering we destroyed the last batch. I imagine they'll start pressing harder once they get proper reinforcements to not give their enemies a chance." Declared Diddy as he glared at Freyja before shaking his head and glancing at either Sebas or Grand for confirmation, considering he wasn't entirely sure he was correct.

"Tch, you're acting real arrogant for someone who was just being used as a butler." Muttered Freyja with a frown, her words causing a lightning bolt to be thrown at her and Scar, though she quickly intercepted it with a fireball, causing Scar to release a sigh of relief.

"Hoho, your words are mostly spot on, Captain; while I wasn't able to gather accurate information as to why the Revolutionary Army allows such a thing, I've learned that their leader, Commander Lindbergh, is a brilliant man, or I should say, Mink, and is capable engineering various inventions in incredible speed. So, I have reason to believe that he may be using that three-day period to repair or improve his army's weaponry, though I can't be sure as I'm merely speculating." Said Sebas with a slight chuckle, finding Freyja and Diddy's banter amusing when they're not actively trying to rip each other to shreds, though everyone else is usually terrified.

"Commander Lindbergh? Isn't he the one who nearly killed you, Captain?" Questioned Trenza as she exited from the ship's underdeck and approached the ground, her words causing Sebas to widen in surprise and Freyja to laugh while Diddy's expression twitched.

"Yes, he's the one who nearly killed me, though I should also thank him; I've gotten stronger from that battle, not to mention I've grasped a quite advanced technique, which seems vastly superior to any other martial art I've learned." Remarked Diddy as he glared at Trenza in annoyance before displaying a feral grin as he outstretched his hand and intently focused on it, only for him to click his tongue a few moments later.

"You nearly died, Captain? This is rather important news; how come I'm only hearing about this now?" Questioned Sebas with widened eyes while looking at Diddy; no one else besides Freya and him would be shocked by such news since neither Trenza, Grand, nor Scar knew the true extent of Diddy's strength.

"Hmm? I figured you'd already know about it; I'm sure the news of my death shouldn't be that hard to obtain; besides, Freyja knew about it. I thought she'd tell you, but it seems like I expected too much from a portable toilet, such as herself." Remarked Diddy calmly, his words causing a fireball to be thrown at him, though he simply destroyed it with a lightning bolt.