Chapter 93: Sunaipu, The Cursed Pistol

With the pistol in hand, I closely observed it, wanting to find out why Its presence not only resembled my bo-staff but also why it had a vague feeling of haki; however, other than it being black with a goldish-white handle, I couldn't discern anything, causing me to frown as my senses haven't ever failed me yet.

'Hmm, since it's in his store, he should know about it, though it seems to be quite old.' Mused Diddy as he held the pistol with one hand before turning around, eyeing the manager while Trenza stared at the black pistol.

"Sir! You're not allowed back here; please, exit my store before I call the mar-" Said the manager in slight anger as he neared Diddy, though he kept his professional demeanor; however, when he noticed the pistol in his hand, his face became slightly pale.

"Tell me what this is if you don't want me to destroy your store." Ordered Diddy as he walked forward and tossed the black pistol toward the now pale-faced manager, who fell to the ground in fear while quickly crawling away, causing Diddy to raise an eyebrow.

"S-Sir, I-I don't k-know how y-you knew about that w-weapons existence; b-but, please, d-don't touch it, i-it's dangerous!" Yelled the manager fearfully as he eyed the pistol on the ground while hiding behind stacks of ammunition.

"Tch, of course, it's dangerous; it's a weapon meant to kill; I'd be disappointed if you told me it was safe. Now tell me what I want to know. Don't make me ask again; I'm not going to be so nice next time." Remarked Diddy with a growl of annoyance as he picked up the pistol and pointed it at the man, causing him to shriek in fear.

"O-Okay, okay, Sir, I-I'll tell you, just p-please don't point it a-at me." Replied the manager as he curled into a ball while protecting his vital organs, more terrified of the pistol than of Diddy.

Clicking my tongue, I lowered my hand and folded my arms as Trenza and I listened to the man explain the pistol's history, which turned out to have quite the backstory.
___
___

"... A-And that's everything I know about the cursed pistol, Sunaipu. S-So please, Sir, listen to me when I tell you to just forget about it; its power is tempting, I know, but I've also witnessed its cursed powers! Anyone who attempts to wield Sunaipu will be killed by it; that's why my Father, the previous owner of this shop, decided to hide it underneath our store to forget about its existence. It's been nearly three decades since then, and if it weren't for you, I'd never have remembered its existence." Stated the manager in slight fear while sitting seiza as his eyes never once left the black pistol in Diddy's hand.

"Ho, hear than Trenza? Looks like someone's just got a new pistol." Remarked Diddy with a feral smirk as he ignored the manager and looked at Trenza while spinning the pistol around on his finger, once again causing the manager to shriek in fear, curling into a ball.

"I-I don't know, Captain; the pistol, I feel it almost calling to me, but if everything said about the pistol was true, I don't think it's worth it. Let alone myself, even the fact that it somehow killed one of the previous wielder's friends is too much; I don't think I can put you all in danger just for a little stronger firepower." Said Trenza with uncertainty as she looked at the captivating pistol in Diddy's hand, truly believing its cursed powers.

"Hehe, I know an easy way to solve whether this thing is truly cursed or not; Trenza, hand me some pistol ammunition." Said Diddy with a chuckle as he stopped spinning the pistol and opened the chamber where the ammo was stored, which was the entire handle.

"Eh, you sure, Captain? Even if the pistol isn't cursed, and it's just all coincidental, do you think it's worth the risk?" Questioned Trenza with furrowed brows as she glanced between the pistol and Diddy, though she still did as was told and tossed him a box of pistol ammunition.