Chapter 86: Escape Plan

"D-Diddy, l-lend me y-your tail." Said Freyja between her ragged breathing and broken body as she slowly crawled toward Diddy, who was lying motionlessly on the ground a few meters before her.

"N-No." Replied Diddy as he begrudge rolled his body over onto his side while coughing blood, his body having not only reached but exceeded his limit.

"I-If you d-don't w-well both g-going to die h-here!" Yelled Freyja angrily as she looked at Diddy, who was slowly standing with his destroyed body through his sheer will alone.

"No, you're going to Impel Down, Freyja of the Frenzy pirates alongside your Captain." Said Mini as he landed on the ground beside Freyja, sporting a moderate amount of injuries before reaching down and cuffing her with special handcuffs that sapped her of all her strength.

"U-Urgh, m-my strength! T-Those c-cuffs! S-Sea stone!" Muttered Freyja weakly as she lay near motionlessly on the ground, no longer able to move except her lips when speaking.

Using my bo-staff for support, I watched how Freyja got detained, and given her injuries along with the seastone handcuffs, she wasn't able to put up even the slightest bit of resistance; I attempted to approach her, but my condition was worse than hers, so the moment I took a step, I nearly collapsed back on the ground.

'W-Where the fuck is Sebas!?' Thought Diddy angrily as he warily eyed the approaching Mini before turning around when he sensed Lindbergh nearing him from behind, the latter seemingly taking his time.

Looking at Lindbergh and seeing how minimal the injuries he sustained during our fight were, I quietly chuckled to myself as I picked up Naga-sa with my shaking arm and rested it on my shoulder, eyeing Lindbergh without fear. Though just when I was about to lunge forward, or at least attempt to, given my body's state, I suddenly heard a gunshot, followed by a bullet whizzing right past me, hitting Lindbergh in the face.

Of course, it did no damage as he was able to cover his head in armament haki, but it caused me to look behind me, only to see Trenza, who was also injured, pointing her pistol at Lindbergh; she wasn't alone, as running toward Freyja and I were Grand and Scar, both were also significantly injured, even more so than Trenza.

"Heh, it's my turn to save you, Captain; you owe me for this!" Yelled Trenza with a smirk amidst her bruised, sweaty, and bloody face as she fired upon Lindbergh rapidly, though they did nothing against his haki-clad skin.

"Tch, w-well, I at least tried, Captain!" Yelled Trenza with an awkward smile as she holstered her pistols before suddenly grabbing a spherical object from her waist and throwing it toward Lindbergh, who easily evaded it, but right when it passed him, it exploded.

"Haha! Don't forget about us, Captain and Freyja! We've come to help you hold them off until Father arrives!" Stated Grand with his loud, deep voice as he charged toward Lindbergh like a ferocious bull, given his towering frame.

"Don't worry, Freyja; I'll assist you." Said Scar solemnly with a hardened gaze as he eyed Freyja's weak state before shifting his attention toward Mini, who was standing over her, looking at him swiftly approaching.

Seeing Scar runt toward Mini while Trenza and Grand attacked Lindbergh, I was momentarily stunned as I didn't know how to react; these fools were over here risking their lives for someone they'd barely known for two weeks, purposely engaging in battle with someone who could kill them with one motion.

"Tch, stupid fools." Muttered Diddy, though a feral grin couldn't stop itself from appearing on his face.

Despite their reinforcements, I knew they wouldn't be of much help at all; in fact, it would've been better if they had headed west towards Sebas, as he advised. Now I've got to worry not only about Freyja but these three idiots as well, and given my condition, Freyja was already more than I could handle.