Chapter 123: Third Mate

Lunging back towards the sun-man with a smile, I tightly clutched Naga-sa while wrapping it in lightning, making it almost look like a lightning bolt; punching the air to my right, I dodged a swing of his axe before slamming Naga-sa atop his head.

"It's pointless, nothing you do-" Stated the man as he fearlessly faced the incoming lightning bo-staff, though instead of what usually happens, Naga-sa didn't go right through him as it should've.

Feeling resistance as Naga-sa hit his face, I pushed even harder, slamming him into the ground, causing the entire area to tremble as I retracted my bo-staff.

"Hehe, what were you saying? C'mon, get up; this better not be all you have to offer; otherwise, I'm killing you for raising my expectations." Stated Diddy with a feral grin as he stayed in the air while looking at the crater he embedded the man into, morphing into molten lava rapidly.

In the air, I saw the sun-man exiting from the crater while flapping his four white wings, causing him to fly into the air alongside me; once he was in the air, he angrily glared at me while his head leaked blood, only for it to instantly evaporate after it fell from his body.

"Hehe, round two, third mate." Said Diddy with a chaotic laugh as he kicked the air behind him, propelling himself right toward the man, who quickly swung his golden axe at him.

Evading the giant axe, I swung Naga-sa right at his face, though, unlike before, where he would take my attacks, he dodged it, causing me to smile as I retracted Naga-sa to block his fist. Pushing his fist upwards, I swung my bo-staff right at his torso, which he barely managed to stop in time with his axe, but it still pushed him several meters back.

"This should be fun; I've heard Celestial Dragons constantly abuse slaves; that should mean you can take a beating!" Remarked Diddy with a ferocious grin as he lunged toward his opponent, evading the swings of his golden axe before slamming Naga-sa right onto his chest.

"Solar Fist!" Yelled the man angrily as he clenched his fist and punched Diddy, extending his arm into what looked like plasma.

Swiping Naga-sa in front of me, I diverted his punch before throwing my bo-staff right toward him, which he blocked with his axe, but I followed up by grabbing Nag-sa and slamming it at him, hitting him once more in the face, flinging him over the edge of the island.

"Where do you think you're going!?" Exclaimed Diddy as he swiftly followed right behind his opponent, who regained their bearings and powerfully flapped their wings, launching himself right toward Diddy.

"Solar Slash!" Said the man, covering his golden axe in even more plasma before slashing it downward toward Diddy, who blocked it with Naga-sa.

Despite blocking his attack, the intense heat still caused patches of my fur to be burnt off; grunting in annoyance, I pushed his axe off me, though he instantly retaliated with another swing of his axe, which was slightly more powerful than previously. Before the axe could cleave me in half, I knocked it away, diverting the axe and stabbing Naga-sa right in his abdomen; although he managed to block it with his arm, he still winced in pain.

I was about to attack again, but I felt intense heat coming from behind me, prompting me to place my bo-staff behind me, blocking his axe, though it left me open in the front, which he instantly used to punch me with an enlarged fist of deadly hot plasma. Covering my leg in lighting, forming almost what looked like a skin-tight boot, I grabbed his fist, stopping it from reaching me.

"Hehe, just like Freyja; you're strong, but it's not enough, slave. If this is all you've got to show me, I should quickly beat you up and hand you back over to the Marines." Remarked Diddy with a grin as he looked up at the man, who glared back at him, wisps of plasma coming off him in anger.