Chapter 101: Scar's Training

"Urgh, if this continues for any longer, I'm killing someone to relieve my boredom; whose offering themselves up first? Sebas, Freyja?" Remarked Diddy blandly while hanging upside from the mast with his tail and glanced at Sebas, sitting at the helm, before looking at Freyja seated on a barrel in the corner.

"Hoho, I may be old, but that doesn't mean my time has come." Replied Sebas with a hearty laughter as he looked up at Diddy before focusing back on sailing.

"How about you kill yourself first?" Asked Freyja as she glanced at Diddy before folding her arms and ignoring him, causing him to grunt in annoyance.

"Tch, useless subordinates can't even do something simple like reliving their Captain's boredom. Trenza, have you spotted anything interesting?" Muttered Diddy quietly before looking up toward the crow's nest, only for Trenza's head to peek over the railing.

"No, Captain." Replied Trenza calmly as she quickly looked around their surroundings, spotting nothing but the bright blue sea.

'Fuck me, isn't this supposed to be the Grand Line? The place where danger is said to be around every corner? We've been sailing for nearly four days, yet we haven't encountered a single instance of danger. This place is boring.' Mused Diddy with a growl of annoyance and anger as he dropped to the deck, landing right beside Grand, who was taking a short break from his training, while he headed towards his hammock to sleep.

I wasn't really tired, but I just wanted time to pass quicker, and sleeping would do that, though before I could, I sensed someone approaching me from behind, and I didn't need to turn around to figure out who it was.

"What Scar?" Asked Diddy as he hopped in his hammock and looked up at Scar, who looked to be perfectly healed.

"I've finally managed to heal fully, so I was hoping we could begin my training, Captain." Said Scar in slight nervousness as he looked at Diddy, who clicked his tongue in response before sitting on his hammock.

"Yeah, fine; whatever; I did say I would teach you some stuff, after all." Said Diddy while mumbling in slight annoyance as he pointed toward Naga-sa, leaning against the railing beside his hammock.

"Before I even bother teaching you anything, you'll need a more robust body and greater endurance. The current you right now, while stronger than a good deal of the martial arts Masters I've fought against, isn't strong enough to truly master anything. So before that, hold Naga-sa and carry it around with you." Added Diddy calmly as he observed Scar's physique, which was impeccable by normal standards but wasn't even considered subpar by Diddy.

"Umm, that's it, Captain? Just hold your bo-staff? Is it really heavy or something?" Questioned Scar in uncertainty as he warily approached Naga-sa and closely observed it.

"No, it's only about 100 or so pounds; pretty light. However, I want you to carry this around because have you ever seen anyone other than me hold Naga-sa?" Remarked Diddy calmly with a slight grin as he watched Scar inspect his bo-staff.

"Well, now that I think about it, no, I've only ever seen you wield it, Captain. But isn't that just because you don't like anyone else touching your weapon, so everyone is afraid you'll brutally beat them if you find out?" Asked Scar as he lightly touched Naga-sa, though nothing happened, at least nothing he could perceive.

When Scar touched Naga-sa, the dangerous aura erupted and surged forth toward him, yet as he quickly retracted his finger, it once again fell silent while its dangerous aura returned to itself, entering dormancy once more, though not for long.

"No, as long as Naga-sa isn't lost or stolen, I don't really care who messes with it; after all, unlike a few swordsmen I've encountered on Karate Island, I'm not helpless without my bo-staff. Wielding It does improve my combat capabilities, but I'm more than capable of fighting just fine without it." Stated Diddy with a shake of his head as he bared his fangs and claws, displaying his natural weapons that glistened in the sunlight.