Chapter 104: Madam Mirage?

Watching Trenza and Grand run straight for the center of the room, right where the large trap door was, I was tempted to call out to them, but I held myself back; if they weren't smart enough to determine it was an obvious trap, then they deserved whatever was coming for them.

"Captain, you said you saw no gold. Do you think this could be attributed to the disruption of our senses? Making us see things that aren't actually there?" Asked Scar warily as he watched Trenza and Grand rummage through the numerous chests full of gold before glancing at Diddy.

"Heh, the longer you stay on this ship, the more I like you, Sebas." Said Diddy with a feral grin as he glanced at Scar before looking at Trenza and Grand, who looked like a pair of fools.

"Tch, back off, Diddy; I've already claimed Scar as mine; if you want to relieve yourself, do it with Grand or Sebas." Remarked Freyja as she gave Diddy a disgusted look before forcefully pulling Scar into her embrace, protecting him from Diddy.

"Hoho, just cause I haven't been in a relationship in over a decade doesn't mean I've suddenly switched sides; I'm still very much a straight male, and I'm only interested in the opposite sex. Though, if you swing the other way, Captain, I have no problem with it; at the end of the day, love comes in all shapes and sizes." Stated Sebas with a slight chuckle as he tightened his tie while slightly distancing himself from Diddy, who looked very pissed.

"Well, at least you've still got Grand; you just better hope he's not a top. I can't imagine him trying to fit himself inside your backside; he may very well rip your body in half." Said Freyja with a smirk as she used her hands to imitate sex, causing Diddy to clench his fist before lunging toward her.

"Hehe, stay right there, Freyja; I'll fit something inside you!" Yelled Diddy with a feral grin while glaring at Freyja, rapidly approaching her, causing her to push Scar toward safety as she retaliated.

"Give me your best, Diddy; it'll probably feel like a toothpick!" Said Freyja with potent killing intent; her forearms took on a monstrous appearance as she punched at the incoming Diddy.

Just like I stated before, right when Freyja and I were about to fight, all of a sudden, the trap door beneath Trenza and Grand opened, causing the two of them, who were celebrating the nonexistent gold, to fall, plunging who knows how far down. Seeing that, Freyja and I stopped in our tracks as we wordlessly looked at the trap door that was slowly closing in on itself.

"Trenza, Grand!?" Yelled Scar in worry as he dashed towards the trap door, standing right by the edge as he looked over, though all he saw was a dark abyss.

"Eh, well, that was anticlimactic; I figured that was going to happen; I was really just waiting for when." Remarked Diddy as he calmed down and lowered his fist while following behind Sebas and approached the trap door, Freyja tagging along as well.

Looking over the edge, even with my eyesight, I couldn't see anything, though I could still hear Trenza screaming, but her voice was growing fainter by the second.

'Hmm, I wonder how deep it is.' Thought Diddy as he looked into the abyss before reaching down and grabbing the trap door, stopping it from closing.

Grasping the rather thick iron trap door, I was required to use a decent amount of strength as I forcefully ripped it out of whatever mechanism it was connected to before throwing it toward the wall.

"Alright, Scar, scream the whole way down; I'd like a better idea of how deep it is." Said Diddy as he dusted his hands and looked at Scar, who was completely confused by his words.

"Heh, what do you mean by scre- W-WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLL!!" Asked Scar in concern as he looked at Diddy, only to be kicked off the edge by him, his falling figure disappearing into the abyss below, only his echoing voice remaining.