Chapter 99: Seven Routes

Opening my eyes and seeing the morning sun rise above the horizon, I gave a small yawn before leaping out of my hammock. Landing on the deck, I stretched a little and grabbed Naga-sa before looking around, only to spot what looked like several ships in the sea, yet they were of no concern as they were either sinking, destroyed, on fire, or all the above.

"Oh great, you're finally awake; what joy." Said Freyja sarcastically while sitting on the helm as she glanced behind her, looking at Diddy.

"Yeah, yeah, I just woke up, so I'm not in the mood to deal with your insults. We entered Paradise, right?" Replied Diddy with a groan as he ignored Freyja's words while leaning on the rail in front of the helm, overlooking his small ship.

"Shouldn't you know best? After all, without you, the ship wouldn't have survived sailing through Reverse Mountain." Said Freyja calmly as she folded her arms while looking at Diddy, who was rubbing his head.

"Tch, don't give me that, Freyja; you know I can't remember everything after I transform. I remember destroying that small fleet of marine ships that were patrolling this area; that's why several destroyed ships were surrounding us. I just don't remember whether we entered Paradise or not." Remarked Diddy with a grunt as he looked down at Grand, who was punching the iron weight nailed to the mast, which had sustained quite a bit of damage from his fist.

(Note: The only reason why he can't remember everything is unlike other Minks who learn to suppress their heightened animalistic desire when in their Sulong form, Diddy doesn't do that; instead of suppressing, he embraces it.)

"Yes, we entered Paradise, and shortly after destroying the small fleet of marines, you went to sleep; it's been only a few hours since then, and we or I should say, I've been waiting for you to awaken so we can finally start our adventure through the Grandline." Stated Freyja with a sigh as she shook her head and outstretched her arm, showing Diddy the log pose attached to her wrist.

Looking at the log pose on Freyja's arm, since we've now entered Paradise, no longer was it just spinning around in circles; the needle was instead shifting between what seemed to be seven different directions. It would tremble while pointing in one of the seven directions for a few seconds before switching to the next direction, repeating the cycle, which confused me as I had no idea what was going on.

"Do you know what's going on with it? It doesn't seem to be broken, and if it is, it looks like it's been partially fixed from before; at least it's no longer spinning in circles endlessly." Asked Diddy with a raised eyebrow as he tapped the log pose, though other than trembling, nothing happened.

"No, other than knowing that a log pose is required if you wish to sail through the Grand Line, I'm also rather clueless; however, I'm sure our walking encyclopedia could enlighten us." Replied Freyja with a shake of her head as she retracted her arm before smirking as she glanced to her right, looking right at the approaching Sebas.

"Hoho, I'm honored that you would compare me to such an amazing book, Freyja, but my wisdom cannot compare to something that's been improved upon through hundreds of years." Said Sebas with a soft chuckle as he gave Freyja a slight bow before giving Diddy a nod.

"Heh, an encyclopedia? You two are fucking old; why don't you just use goo- never mind, it's the year 1522." Remarked Diddy with a mocking grin, though he stopped himself when he remembered what year he was in.

"Tch, just because you're younger than us doesn't mean you can call us old Diddy; for the record, I doubt you know my age, but I'm 37; I'm still very young." Declared Freyja with an ugly expression before flicking her hair behind her head, attempting to show off her youthfulness, though it proved to have the opposite effect.