Chapter 65: Spying

"We've arrived at what seems to be a city." Remarked Diddy with a slight smile as he hovered very high in the air, holding Trenza by his tail wrapped around her waist.

"Can you spot anything from up here, Trenza?" Asked Diddy with a raised eyebrow since while he, himself, has exceptional eyes, even his vision pales in comparison to Trenza's, something he found surprising, though he quickly accepted it on account of her most likely not being human.

"Ugh, I can see a few things, such as what looks to be an abundant amount of blacksmiths and a small marine outpost, and that's about it; other than those two things, nothing else here that really screams war." Remarked Trenza with a slight frown as she looked down at the city below while grabbing her head, feeling somewhat lightheaded from Diddy's unique way of traveling.

'Hmm, blacksmiths; seems like a quick and nearby source of weapons if you ask me. I doubt destroying this city would greatly impact the war on a large scale, considering they could just as easily request supplies from Marineford or somewhere else nearby.' Thought Diddy as he looked down at the small city while displaying a feral grin at the thought of messing with the Marines.

"Heh, so Trenza, if this city were to suddenly, I don't know, disappear, you don't think it would affect the marines much, would you?" Asked Diddy with a grin as he looked at Trenza, showing his sharp fangs that arced lightning between them.

"Umm, I'm no war strategist, nor do I know the current situation of the war, but given it's the Marines, I don't think a small city would affect them too much. I'm sure to them this is just a place for their troops to relax; after all, it also has an abundant amount of brothels and bars, not to mention it seems to be rather far away from the war front." Replied Trenza after a little bit of pondering, though she, herself, wasn't entirely sure about her assumption.

"Also, Captain, if you want to destroy this city, just say so." Added Trenza as she looked at Diddy's smirking face that contained eagerness.

"Hehe, you caught me." Said Diddy, raising his hands up as if he was surrendering, eliciting a sigh from Trenza, though she did slightly chuckle afterward.

"Since we intend on destroying it, let's wait till it's nighttime before we conduct our raid; until then, though, let's explore the city, and in doing so, maybe you can find some replacement pistols since you're utterly useless in a battle without them." Remarked Diddy with a smile, and while his words were rather harsh from Trenza's point of view, she couldn't refute his claim, as she was useless without her dual pistols, possibly even a reliability.

"Yes, I indeed need some new pistols, at least until I can fix these; they were a gift from Father when I was young, so they mean quite a lot, so if possible, I don't wish to part with them." Stated Trenza softly as she held her two busted pistols in her hands; each had her name engraved on the bottom of the grip.

"Hehe, well then; hold on tight, I'm dropping like that city's Nagasaki!" Said Diddy with a grin, and while his joke was rather offensive, it's not like anyone understood it; after all, no one from Earth was alive in this world, at least no one should be.

Before Trenza could question my joke, I suddenly faced down at the city beneath and powerfully kicked the air behind me, causing Trenza and I to shoot toward the ground at incredible speeds, and each time I kicked, our speed increased, gravity playing a vital role as well. As I neared the city carrying along a screaming Trenza, knowing what I was about to do, I brought Trenza close to me and held her in a way that would reduce any impact she may sustain since I didn't want to kill her at least I didn't want to kill her right now, who knows what'll happen in the future.

In a few seconds, I arrived in the city, and just before Trenza and I were about to crash into the ground, I again powerfully kicked the air; this time, though, it was towards the incoming ground, resulting in us coming to an immediate stop. While I've noticed the humans in this world seem to be more robust than the humans from Earth, the average human still wouldn't be capable of surviving suddenly, stopping at such speeds; their bodies would literally collapse, and Trenza was no different, though I had foreseen this happening so I was prepared.