Chapter 51: Janet's Departure

"Hmph, good; sail to the nearest island; we must drop Janet off so she may spread the word of our deeds to the public. I can't allow the WG or Marines to possibly cover up this information." Remarked Diddy with a smirk while glancing at Janet, who was still intently writing in her notebook, before looking at Freyja, operating the helm at the captain's seat.

"Actually, before you do that, you three, do any of you know how to sail a ship?" Asked Diddy curiously as he looked at the lower deck while glancing at Grand, Scar, and Trenza, who were incredibly motivated after hearing about Diddy's past.

Seeing them shaking their heads no before they continued doing whatever they were previously doing, which looked to be some training, the woman, who I think is named Trenza, was shooting her pistols out to sea as she aimed at fish that occasionally leaped out of the water; hitting every shot she fired. The large man, also known as Grand, looked to be practicing some fighting technique that reminded me of boxing with his movement and how he would constantly jab at the mast. Lastly, the other man, Scar, was wielding his dagger as he continuously slashed and thrust the air while also performing other attacks, such as knees, elbows, kicks, and even headbutts every now and then.

They weren't up to my standards of strength, but watching them taking their training seriously gave me a slightly positive impression of them, of course, just slightly; not only were they training, but so was Sebas, if I could even call it training. He was sitting cross-legged while seemingly meditating, reminding me of Elven Legacy I used to read in my past life occasionally; however, as Sebas meditated while facing toward the ocean, moderately-sized spheres of water would float into the air for a few minutes before they collapsed, splashed back into the water.

"Dear me, it's been quite some time since I've pushed my mind to its limit, yet I also haven't felt so excited in such a long time." Muttered Sebas with a strained expression while smiling as he watched the sphere of water he floated fall.

'Heh, it's not the best crew, but what's that phrase? Rome wasn't built in one day? A great pirate crew won't be formed in just two weeks, but at least it's heading in the correct direction.' Mused with a grin as he looked at his crew before shaking his head and focusing back on Freyja

"The closest island is Maddy Island, about two days' distance." Said Freyja in a monotone voice as she glanced at Diddy.

Nodding my head, I left Freyja alone as I didn't feel like entertaining her grumpy self and leaped high into the air before landing at the top of the mast, just a few meters above the supposed highest point in the ship, the crow's nest. Imitating Sebas, I sat down cross-legged in a meditative position, which was rather uncomfortable since there was hardly any room to use, but I endured it, mainly because I like the height; besides, it gave me a nice view of the surrounding ocean, not like that'll matter right now since my eyes were closed.

'Now then, how should I start creating the technique I came up with during the beginning of the raid? From mastering so many techniques, I already have excellent control over my body, but it's not complete control over my body; I want to be able to consciously command every single part of my body, down to the very tissues in my body.' Pondered Diddy with his eyes closed, feeling the ocean breeze brush against his lustrous golden-brown fur while his tail swayed about in the wind.

If I can somehow create and master such a technique, not only would it significantly increase my fighting capabilities, but it would immensely improve nearly everything else about me, whether that be holding my breath, digesting food, playing dead, or many other things I can't even name off the top of my head, and lastly healing, which is possibly the strongest ability I have; I've always had a powerful vitality, and as I grow older and get stronger, it only increases.