Chapter 31: Competitors

With the captain having been taken care of, I continued exploring the building as I could still sense other living beings nearby; busting through the walls, I killed anyone I came in contact with, whether it was the few scattered marines that attempted to flee or some unlucky chore-boys that happened to encounter me, every person ended up dying. Hell, I had even stumbled across a few jail cells that were filled with criminals they must've captured, and the funny thing was, when they saw me killing the Marines, they got all excited and started rooting for me, not even knowing they were next on the chopping block.

"W-Why? W-We are the same as you!" Exclaimed a frightened prisoner as he looked at Diddy, surrounded by several corpses of inmates.

"Heh, you think we're the same just because I oppose the Marines? Don't make me laugh; you're just a pathetic weakling who couldn't even deal with a small group of marines, don't lump me together with the likes of you; it's degrading." Replied Diddy with an annoyed expression as he approached the last prisoner, who was backing away in fear until he hit a wall.

Without giving the man a chance to retaliate, I thrust my staff right at him, causing his head to squish between my staff and the wall behind him, resulting in his head popping like a watermelon, nearly dirtying me in his brain juices.

'Well, that should be the final person to kill; I've just about explored this entire outpost, and the only place I haven't looked is the captain's office; it's only right to save the best place for last.' Mused Diddy as he holstered Naga-sa and exited through the hole in the wall he had previously made.

Busting through the ceilings, I arrived at the topmost floor, the same floor where I'd expect to find the one in charge, or more specifically, his office; walking about, It didn't take long to find it, though the name tags on the doors did help save some time. Opening the door, I entered and was greeted with a pretty generic office by my standards, a desk with a chair, large windows that allow one to see the clear ocean, a couple of bookshelves, some paintings along with various other decorations; the only thing that stood out was the large bulletin-board that was covered in numerous bounties for pirates and criminals.

'Bounties? This is my first time seeing this; considering our location, I'm sure they must mainly have bounties for people in South Blue. Hehe, I'm curious to know who my competitors are.' Thought Diddy with a slight smirk as he ignored everything else and neared the board filled with bounties.

Looking at the board, I spotted numerous bounties, ranging anywhere from twelve-thousand all the way to fifty million berries; however, most of the bounties that were less than one million had a large red X crossed over their picture, and it didn't take a genius to realize they were either killed or captured. Though it's not like it mattered to me, I was only interested in the people with a bounty of over ten-million.

"Let's see here; Eustass 'Captain' Kid, Captain of the Kid Pirates, a bounty of 48,000,000 Beri's, along with 'Massacre Solider' Killer, who has a bounty of 35,000,000 Beri's. Those two look decently powerful; I wonder when I'll get to fight them." Remarked Diddy with a feral grin as he eyed the bounty posters of Kid and Killer before setting them down and looking at another poster.

"Shoujou, Captain of the Shoujou Pirates, a bounty of 36,000,000 Beri's; Jewelry Bonney, Captain of the Bonney Pirates, a bounty of 32,000,000 Beri's." Muttered Diddy as he looked at two bounty posters of Shoujou and Bonney before again ignoring them.

"Foxy, Captain of the Foxy Pirates, a bounty of 24,000,000 Beri's; Gyro, Captain of the Gyro Pirates, a bounty of 20,000,000 Beri's. What unoriginal names, couldn't think of anything cooler?" Said Diddy as he glanced at the two bounty posters of Foxy and Gryo before once more setting them down.

While there were many more wanted posters, only those six interested me, so I ignored the others, except for one more, which had the highest bounty among all the other wanted posters. Looking at the picture of a spiffy older man with white hair and a beard wearing a tuxedo while looking rather friendly, I picked up his wanted poster and closely examined it.