Chapter 40: Raid On Briss Kingdom

After my little talk with Freyja, we descended into silence, mostly because she seemed to be full self-loathe, but either way, it didn't matter to me as I walked down the stairs arriving at the deck while heading toward the front of the boat, passing by Sebas in the process, though he was looking at Briss Kingdom to our right, seemingly deeply contemplating something.

Leaning against the front of the ship's railing, I patiently waited, something I wouldn't say I like doing, for the ship to sail around to the west of the Island, where the majority of the marines were stationed for defense, which was a little dumb in my opinion, to have most of your troops in one area, but I suppose guarding the main port to the island would make sense.

"Freyja, make sure to take a big arc; I don't want to come in at an angle; I wish to attack them head first; it'll be much more fun that way." Ordered Diddy with a smirk, to which Freyja responded by steering the ship away from the island.

Sometime later, once our ship was quite a distance away from the island, Freyja did a U-turn, turning our boat until it was pointing directly at the island as we headed straight towards the Briss kingdom dock, though since Freyja was required to sail pretty far away to successfully make the turn without getting discovered, it would take a few minutes before we arrived within range of fire from the few marines ships patrolling the surrounding waters.

'Hehe, this will be fun!' Thought Diddy with a feral grin as he eyed the island several kilometers in the distance.

___

___

While the Frenzy pirates were heading towards the Briss Kingdom docks to launch a raid, the unsuspecting marines were currently patrolling the surrounding water, or they should've been.

On one of the biggest marine ships, known as the battleship, second only to a Destroyer which is used in severe situations, such as a buster call; at the top of the mast, where the lookouts are stationed, a little game of poker was happening.

"Haha; I win, Royal Flush!" Yelled a marine in victory as he slammed five cards, consisting of an Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and a ten, onto a large box, causing four other marines to release a defeated sigh.

"Dammit!" Said a marine as he threw down his cards and huffed angrily while eyeing the first marine.

"Tch, what unfortunate luck, and I had a straight flush." Muttered a different marine as she set her cards down in defeat.

"Well, I didn't expect to win; but I don't like repeatedly losing to the same person." Remarked another marine as he laid his cards down while smoking a cigarette.

"Told you, I'm the king of poker; I've never once lost a game of poker, and I never will!" Said the first marine with a large smile as he grabbed all the cards from the various players and began shuffling.

"Alright, I agreed to play with you four, so can we return to our duties? If our superior finds out we were playing poker on the job, do you know how screwed we'll all be!?" Exclaimed the last marine as he stood up and pointed out to sea, coincidently pointing directly at a small incoming ship.

"It's fine, calm down; what pirates would be stupid enough to actually sail near Briss Kingdom? Even some of the most renowned and infamous pirates wouldn't attack a Kingdom associated with the World Government; it's suicidal, after all." Remarked the second marine dismissively, as he grabbed his new hand of cards while glancing at the sea, only for his eyes to widen when he spotted a small ship.

"W-What the!?" Remarked the second marine as he quickly stood up and grabbed his binoculars while zooming in on the ship, his actions taking everyone by surprise.