Chapter 96: Sulong Diddy

As we left Chandelier City, we headed directly west, right where the entrance to Paradise was, and to say I wasn't slightly excited would be a lie; I was probably more excited for this than I was when Freyja and I first started our pirate journey. After all, unlike before, when I had no idea what awaited us in the South Blue, I already had an idea of what I'd encounter within Paradise, and I couldn't wait; this world is weird, so who knows what other crazy things we may come across.

I've already come across a Fishman back on Karate Island, more like Freyja used her noble connections to acquire a Fishman slave, but tomayto tomahto. Still, thanks to Freyja being a noble, I know there exist many different species besides Humans, Minks, and Fishman, and I wanted to meet them if possible. However, that was just a tiny part of my excitement, as I was really anticipating the people I'd end up fighting along my adventure; just thinking about it gets my blood boiling in exhilaration.

'Hehe, my dream is to reach the epitome of strength, but who says I can't have some fun along the way? After all, you only live- actually, that saying won't work.' Mused Diddy with a smirk as he sat at the front of the ship while looking up at the darkening sky, the moon becoming more prominent with each passing minute.

"Hoho, it's rare to see you here, Captain; what are you thinking about?" Asked Sebas with a slight chuckle as he approached Diddy, who was sitting on the railing while he stood on the deck just adjacent to him.

"Heh, just thinking about Paradise." Replied Diddy with a grin as he glanced at Sebas before looking ahead, searching for the entrance to Paradise.

"Hmm, you seem rather excited about Paradise, Captain, though I can't blame you as I feel the same; I've lived a long time, roughly six decades, and throughout my life, I've read and heard rumors and stories about the craziness of Paradise. I may have never desired to be a pirate, but I've always wondered what it would be like to go on an adventure and experience the vastness that this world has to offer; however, I've always been tied down by the Elegant mafia, so it merely stayed as a wishful dream of an old man." Said Sebas lightly with a soft smile as he leaned on the railing, letting the ocean breeze brush against his face while his hair flew in the wind.

"At least, that was until I came along and forced you to join the Frenzy Pirates; is that what were you going to say?" Remarked Diddy as he turned and looked at Sebas, who merely laughed in response.

"Hohoho, I wasn't going to put it like that, but yes, if it weren't for your interference, Captain, I would've stayed confined within Briss Kingdom, most likely until the day I died, along with a long-forgotten ambition. So I do thank you for that; your presence awakened my slumbering drive, you could say, and although none of this stuff is what I'm used to, I've never been happier. For an old man like me, that's all I could ask for." Replied Sebas with boisterous laughter, unbefitting of his old age as he looked at Diddy.

"I don't think happiness is the correct word you're looking for; I'd say thrill is more appropriate." Commented Diddy with a smirk.

"You're probably right. Anyways, I'll leave you to it, Captain." Remarked Sebas with a smile as he turned around and walked away with his hands behind his back, leaving Diddy alone at the ship's bow.

After my little chat with Sebas, time passed like usual, and within the next thirty or so minutes, amidst the night sky, I saw what looked like an absolutely massive structure in the distance through the night fog.

'No, that's not a structure, that's a freaking mountain.' Mused Diddy with furrowed brows as he stood up and landed on the deck behind him.

"Trenza, is that what I think it is?" Yelled Diddy with a grin as he leaped up to the top of the mast, digging his nails into the wood and standing horizontally on the mast.