Chapter 68: Mysterious Power

'Ugh, fuck that hurt; been a while since I've been in this much pain.' Mused Diddy while embedded a few feet into the ground as he looked toward the night sky where he was previously fighting.

Grabbing the edges of the small hole my body made, I pulled myself out and brushed all the dirt off my fur before I looked back into the sky, spotting Mini heading right for me. Clutching Naga-sa, I leaped right into the air and headed directly for him with renewed vigor while curious about that ability he had used.

'That wasn't a devil fruit ability as he hasn't eaten one, so what else could it be?' Pondered Diddy as he wiped the blood leaking from his mouth and lunged toward Mini.

Seeing as vice-admirals, or at least Mini specifically, seemed to be much stronger than rear-admirals, I stopped holding back and began freely utilizing the 72-bian, which I've modified so I could use it with my bo staff, though I wouldn't say I've mastered it just yet.

Using my incredible flexibility and agility, I evaded Mini's fist that was close to hitting my head and counterattacked by kicking toward his head, which he blocked with his arm just in time, yet I merely brought my foot back an inch before attacking once more.

'72 Bian, variation 32: Modified One-Inch Punch.' Thought Diddy with a grin as he again kicked toward Mini, and despite the short distance, his leg carried even more power than the previous attack.

Flinging Mini a short distance away, I lunged right after him as I brought my bo-staff back before violently swinging down toward him; though with the use of his tekkai and coating his arms in that weird power, he put his arms overhead, blocking my attack. Though I wasn't finished, this was merely the start of a sequence of deadly attacks.

'72 Bian, variation 22: Wild Strikes.' Thought Diddy as he retracted his bo-staff and swiftly attacked again, forcing Mini to stay on the defensive.

I wildly swung my bo-staff at Mini, and even though he blocked every attack, with each unsuccessful attack, my next attack would be stronger, and it would continue to get stronger until I landed a solid hit or my body couldn't withstand the strain anymore; however, I didn't need to worry about the second option happening, after all these years of nonstop training, my body is capable of enduring a lot, not to mention it didn't seem like Mini could last any longer.

I retracted Naga-sa for the twentieth time while my right arm, which was holding the bo-staff, was roughly fifty percent larger than usual as the muscles lined my arm constantly twitched from the sheer amount of power stored inside them. Without giving any time for Mini to evade, I powerfully swung Naga-sa down right at him with speed and strength I usually can't achieve; the instant my staff hit his arms, I broke right through his defense and slammed my bo-staff onto his face, sending him crashing toward the ground below.

"Haha, come one, Mini; don't tell me this is all you've got; I'm just getting started!" Yelled Diddy eagerly with a feral grin as he clutched Naga-sa with his arm, which had returned to normal, while looking down towards Mini.

"Tch, you're a rather strong pirate, too strong for the South Blue; someone of your caliber should be sailing within Paradise." Said Mini as he speedily shot himself out of the forest and right toward Diddy, coating his arms in that mysterious power.

"Hehe, don't worry; after I have my fun in Centaurea, I'll leave and head straight for the Grandline. It's starting to get boring; after all, besides Freyja and Sebas, you're the only one I've met who can force me to get somewhat serious." Replied Diddy with a smirk while lunging toward the incoming Mini as he holstered Naga-sa to his back.

"Somewhat serious?" Muttered Mini with a frown as he and Diddy punched each other, Mini's fist overpowering his after a second of struggle.

"I hope you didn't think I was going all out; I still have a reservoir of abilities at my disposal." Remarked Diddy with a grin despite the pain as he pointed toward the night sky while electricity danced around his body.