Chapter 16: Determined Wife & Mother

While I was working out, bench pressing, I noticed that the weight felt much heavier than usual, and because of that, I almost failed on my first set; racking the weights on an industrial size crane, I stood up while eying my arms which were beginning to heat up.

'Hmm, must be the poison I consumed during breakfast; it seems like she managed to obtain a powerful poison.' Thought Diddy with interest as he examined his body which also began to heat up.

As my body continued to increase in temperature, I could also feel myself weaken, and it was doing so at a decently fast pace to boot; with how much time had passed, I probably couldn't even bench my normal weight anymore. Though what was weird is I didn't feel an ounce of pain as my body continued to weaken; not once was I ever in pain; in all honesty, if it weren't for my increased body heat and the fact that I knew I was poisoned, I'd doubt I would ever know what was happening to me.

Since I doubted I'd be able to exercise effectively in these conditions, I decided to end my morning training short and head to the bath; leaving the gym, I headed back towards my room. Once I entered my room, I noticed the lady was gone, but I didn't think much about it in the first place and continued heading toward the bathroom; inside the bathroom, I took off my clothes, which were the clothes of the lady's now dead son as we were close in age.

Once I was fully nude, I got in the oversized bathtub, which was already filled with boiling water, and let the water caress my skin, leaving me feeling quite comfortable, though it would've felt better if I wasn't continuing to weaken.

'I must give her props; this is a very effective poison; I'm actually weak enough to where an average beast could kill me.' Thought Diddy with a smirk as he closed his eyes, though his senses were at an all-time high given his weakened state.

Thankfully, not long later, it seemed like the poison had finally peaked as I was no longer feeling my body continue to weaken; however, the poison was very potent, and my strength was probably only comparable to when I was merely two or three.

'I'm very glad she managed to find this when I was still in relative safety; if I was poisoned while in a dangerous place, that very well could've been the end of me. Though once I heal from this, I won't ever have to worry about this poison again.' Thought Diddy with a grin as he rested his head back and closed his eyes while basking in the boiling water, the dense steam nearly concealing his figure.

As I was resting in the water, I heard the door slowly open while a light figure sneakily approached me, though just from how she walked, I could tell who it was; I didn't even need to smell her scent to figure it out.

'Heh, she must've been practicing for this moment; however, her killing intent is a dead giveaway; she won't be able to sneak up on anyone if she can't first learn to hide her killing intent.' Mused Diddy calmly while continuing to be ignorant of her presence.

Once she arrived right behind me, she didn't hesitate for a single second before stabbing my neck with a knife; well, she at least tried to. Just before the blade touched my neck, I hardened my neck, and only my neck, causing the blade to only pierce the first few layers of skin before stopping right at my muscles, which only happened because I'm seriously weakened, otherwise it wouldn't have even punctuated my skin.

I don't know whether she noticed she failed or not, but she repeatedly stabbed me in the neck for an entire minute before eventually stopping from exhaustion as I could hear her heavy breathing from behind me.

"Why? WHY WON'T YOU DIE!?" Exclaimed the lady angrily as she sobbed while viewing Diddy's neck, which was practically injury free.

"Simple, because I'm strong, unlike you, who is weak, so pathetically weak you couldn't even kill me when I'm in such a weakened state, which, in all honesty, is beyond pathetic that there isn't even a word to properly express the emotion I feel." Remarked Diddy calmly as he grabbed the knife the lady attempted to kill him with and broke it like a stick before throwing them toward the sobbing lady.