Chapter 114: Mirage's Prophecy

Slowly carving through the mountain like a human, or I should say, mink-sized excavator with each swing of my bo-staff; though I really hoped this wasn't a waste of time and they were actually hiding somewhere in this mountain, otherwise, I was going to be very annoyed.

After a few minutes, I felt Naga-sa hit something much sturdier than stone as it managed to stop my advance, causing me to retract my bo-staff and back away, only for me to see what looked like a man-made structure; now I could only see a small area of it, but I was rather confident I had found what I've been looking for.

"Hehe, found you." Said Diddy with a feral grin as he excavated the surrounding perimeter, revealing a large iron wall with what seemed to be a vault door sealed tightly shut.

'Heh, this is definitely it, and if it's somehow not, I've found something interesting. After all, who would make a safe room or vault in the middle of a mountain with seemingly no way to easily access it?' Thought Diddy with a smirk as he stood before the vault door while resting Naga-sa beside him.

Before breaking my way through, I turned around and looked at Freyja, whose situation has only worsened; now, I don't even think she can feel me anymore and is merely following wherever I lead her. She'll sometimes look in random directions while shouting stuff or glare in another direction, only for her to throw a ball of fire. I wasn't concerned for her safety; she was only facing illusions, so it's not like she'd die, and if she somehow dies to mere illusions, that's honestly incredibly pathetic.

'Hmm, what to do with her?' Mused Diddy with a thoughtful expression as he glanced at Freyja before looking at his bo-staff.

"Eh, I suppose that could work; I just hope she's smart enough to realize what she's holding; I also hope she can feel her strength deplete, and that's also not being blocked by whatever illusion she was in." Remarked Diddy as he placed Naga-sa in Freyja's arms, though she dropped it since the illusion muddled all five of her senses.

Clicking my tongue, I took off my holster and placed it on Freyja's back before putting Naga-sa in the holster; finishing that, I released my hold on her and approached the vault door.

Just looking at it, I knew the vault door was very thick, maybe even a foot of iron, which would be quite difficult to break through, but all it would really take is time, and I've got plenty of that. Getting into stance, I reeled my fist back before violently punching the vault door with some of my strength, causing the area around us to tremble intensely.

"Never mind, seems I've underestimated how much my strength has grown since Centaurea." Muttered Diddy with a feral smirk as he looked at the vault door, which had a deep fist imprint in the center.

Punching the vault door again, I felt it cave inward; with another punch, it was faint, but I heard something break, causing me to punch it again and nearly break it completely; punching it one final time, I heard the sound of metal tearing as the vault door was ripped off its hinges and blasted wide open.

"Hehe, I can see, smell, and hear you; no more hiding." Stated Diddy with a ferocious grin as he grabbed the side of the vault and entered, only to find a large black man wearing a Victorian maid outfit seemingly protecting an old woman.

"Madam, stay behind me." Said Pill seriously as he got into a fighting stance and eyed Diddy, though when he looked into his beastly eyes, he instantly felt fear.

Looking around, the place was pretty large. There was what looked to be a control desk to my left, and in front of me, there was an area to lounge around, though one thing that annoyed me was that I found another secret entrance right underneath the couch.

'Tch, I would've saved so much time if I had found that secret entrance; it must've been hidden somewhere else on the island, far from where we searched; otherwise, I would've found it.' Thought Diddy with a scowl as he grunted in annoyance before ignoring it and eyeing Pill and Mirage while slowly approaching them.