Chapter 98: We've Finally Arrived; Paradise!

"Urgh, i-is it over?" Asked Trenza weakly as she rolled over onto her side and warily looked around, only to sigh in relief.

"That was kind of fun; what do you guys think?" Asked Grand with a large smile as he hopped onto his two feet and looked down at Trenza and Scar, who gave him a blank stare.

"No, not at all; we were nearly thrown off the ship several times." Replied Scar as he stood up while grunting in pain, his wounds from before reopening after being thrown around like pinballs.

"If I find out you're not working again, I'll kill you!" Said Diddy with a growl as he glared at Scar, Trenza, and Grand, who all quickly nodded in fear before swiftly returning to their posts despite having already raised the sails.

Ignoring those weaklings, I focused in front of us since, while it looked like we'd overcome the worst of it, who knows what was waiting for us up ahead? For all I know, it could be a massive stone pillar right at the center of Reverse Mountain, where the four seas meet; granted, I don't think that's the case, but it's best to stay alert.

Besides, just because we've survived the worst of it, it's not like everything is fine right now; the ship is being carried up along the violent river at a tremendous speed, so I'll have even less time to react. However, I wasn't really worried that we wouldn't survive; I was more concerned about the damages my ship would sustain rather than anyone's well-being.

As time went on, and as we continued to go higher, we were now inside the dark clouds previously high above us; eventually, after a few minutes, we finally exited the dark clouds, allowing us to see the night sky and the beautiful bright moon.

"Woah, so beautiful." Muttered Trenza in awe as she gazed upon the night sky, her eyes reflecting the moonlight back into the sky.

"Yeah, what a sight." Said Scar with a nod as he appreciated the beauty of the moon.

"I wish Janet were here; she would be able to take a picture of this and save this beautiful sight forever." Remarked Grand with a happy yet sad smile as he looked up, the image of Janet briefly overlapping the moon.

"Ho, remarkable." Commented Sebas with a slight smile as he glanced at the moon.

"Forget the wealth; just the opportunity to witness such a beautiful sight is more than enough reason to become a pirate." Stated Freyja while glaring at the moon in both annoyance and delight before glancing at Diddy.

"Huh, I wonder why I never realized until now, but there are no stars in the sky. Weird." Said Diddy with a slight frown as he looked at the barren night sky, which was illuminated by a single moon.

Taking my eyes off the night sky, I focused back ahead, only to finally see what looked to be the top of the mountain, which was great, but it also meant we were about to face the second most dangerous hurdle on our path to enter Paradise.

"Hehe, here it comes!" Yelled Diddy with a feral grin in excitement, his words causing everyone to focus on him before they also noticed the incoming peak of Reverse Mountain.

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Muttered Trenza with a nervous gulp as she wrapped her arms around the ropes used to hoist the sail, firmly locking her into place; Scar and Grand were doing the same thing as well.

"Freyja, give me the map of Reverse Mountain." Ordered Diddy, despite Freyja's annoyance, she did as she was told, not like she had an option.

Grabbing the map from Freyja that Sebas had bought from Chandelier City, I opened it and intently looked at Reverse Mountain, ensuring we weren't somehow derailing off track.

'Hmm, we'll need to take a right if we wish to enter the Grand Line, although it's going to be tight with how fast we're going.' Thought Diddy as he folded the paper and tossed it back towards Freyja, who barely managed to catch it before it went overboard.