Our little secret

This is a request for DucklingFrosty  which I must say is really clever, I love the TV show this one shot is based off and I hope you all enjoy!

(Y/n) P.O.V

"I have hydrophobia." I took the gang.

"What does that mean again?" Fred asked.

"She's scared of water you dumb twit." GoGo said.

"Which means she can't swim or go near the beach." Honey Lemon said sadly.

"Yeah sorry guys..." I frowned.

"That's okay! I'll stay to keep you company." Fred decided.

"You sure? You could be at the beach with the others." I pointed out.

"Nah I'm good, see you guys in a couple of hours!" Fred waved as the gang left.

"So... Why are you scared of water?" Fred asked.

"I... Don't know, that's like me asking why you like comics." I shrugged. The truth was I wasn't scared of water.

My problem was that if I touched water, I would instantly turn into a mermaid and I didn't want to show everyone that.

"Fair point... Be right back... I'm going to get a drink." Fred said, walking over to his mini fridge.

He came back out with a glass of water, taking small sips. "If you're scared of water... Are you scared of this glass of water too?" Fred asked.

"Um... As long as it doesn't go near me." I stated. He shrugged and continued to drink the water.

I sat on his arm chair as he walked back over to put his glass of half drank water down.

Then everything collapsed. He tripped over a pile of comic books and the glass went flying. I couldn't dodge it so the only thing I could do was freeze the water in mid air.

Fred got up and looked at the water droplets, mere centimetres from my body.

"Woah! How'd you do that?!" He exclaimed in awe. I got up from the chair and swallowed.

"Do it again." He said, grabbing more water and throwing it at me. My quick instincts made me freeze it and glare at him.

"Is this why your scared of water?" Fred asked. I sighed.

"No... It's because if I touch it... I turn into a mermaid. I know you don't believe me but-"

"Are you kidding?! I saw you freeze water in mid air! Of course I believe you!" He squealed.

"What else can you do?" He asked, grabbing a transparent bucket and filling it up to the top with water.

"Well, I can also do this!" I said, controlling the water to move around us, bending it at will.

"Woah! This is awesome!" Fred exclaimed as he poke his finger in the stream. "It's wet!" He gasped.

"Well... It is water." I pointed out. I showed him how I made the water a sticky goo substance and he went all fanboy crazy.

"We have got to tell the others!!! They will be amazed!" Fred squealed.

I looked in doubt. "I dunno Freddie... Maybe later when I feel more comfortable... You're the only person who knows about my powers so far." I pointed out.

"Oh okay! Can I see your mermaid form?" He begged.

"Uh sure but I need a big area." I pointed out.

"To my mansion!" He called out, grabbing my hand and dragging me to his home.

He passed me some spare swimsuits from his cousin and led me to the pool.

"Show me!" He giggled like a kid. I sighed.

"All right! I'll do it." I gave in, jumping into the water and transforming. I resurfaced wearing something completely different.

"Woah! Like... Can you feel this?" He asked, poking my tail. I gave him a weird look.

"That's my body... Of course I can." I said.

"How do you change back?" He asked.

"Once I'm completely dry... I turn back... It's annoying but yeah... I'll have to wait." I sighed.

"Wait here! I have an idea!" He called running into his house.

"Not like I can actually go anywhere!" I called. A few minutes later he came back with an enormous fan, slowly air drying me until I turned back into my human form.

I changed back into my casual clothes and walked back to SFIT with Fred, just as the gang came back from the beach.

"How was it?" I asked.

"Wasabi choked on a grain of sand." GoGo rolled his eyes.

"IT WAS DIRTY!!!" Wasabi protested. I laughed.

"What about you guys?" Hiro asked. I looked at Fred before answering.

"Just stayed and chilled..." I said causally. He gave me a face as the gang went back to discussing something.

"Why didn't you tell them?" Fred asked confused.

"Let's just keep this our little secret okay?" I asked.

"Oh... Like a secret identity!!! Okay!" He whispered. I laughed.

It was our little secret.